Speaker question for iMac G5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Gohan, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Gohan macrumors member

Jan 3, 2004
    I’m going to buy myself a 20” iMac G5 as soon as there updated and wanted some speakers to match.

I currently use the Logitech Z-460’s (think that’s what there called, it’s the 4.1 400w ones anyway) And I’m looking to replace them with a nice 2.1 setup to blend in with the looks of the iMac.

Looking at around the £100 mark but don’t know which would have the edge out of this little lot.

Harman Kardon Soundsticks Ii
    JBL Creature II 2.1
    Creative I-Trigue 2.1 3600
    Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1
    M-Audio Studiophile DX4 Pro

Any opinions on which of these would give the best quality? Or other suggestions for around the £100 ish mark? (keep in mind they have to match the style of the iMac as much as possible.

Cheers, Ryan
  2. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    If you are willing to spend a little more on them, I think the JBL Encounter 2.1 speakers are really nice. They're all white so they should blend in with the iMac as far as that. Here's a link. If you want to stay with something you have listed though, I think the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks are really nice. I hope this helps.