Speakers for around $50

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by neoelectronaut, Aug 8, 2004.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

I keep deciding off and on that I'd like to buy a set of external speakers for my eMac. It's really aggrivating. Some days I'm perfectly fine with the eMac speakers. They sound great. But then sometimes I feel like I just want to rattle the walls with some bass and turn up the volume reeallly loud...

Anywho, what's some nice speakers for around $50?

I currently use these:
    [​IMG]
    Labtec Spin-60
    But they're kinda big. I have my eMac on a nightstand, at an angle, so neither one of the speakers fits too well. One is on the right, crammed up against the wall, and I'm afraid it'll mess up some of my cables.

2. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Buy.com has a really good sale going on now for computer speakers.

Check those out - for reference your speakers are apparently about 2 watts. They have $20 speakers there that are 25 watts :).

Hopefully you'll find something there that works for you.

3. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Buy.com has a really good going on now for computer speakers.sale

4. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Buy.com has a really good sale going on now for computer speakers.

5. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Seems to be some kind of error - it told there was a database error so I kept going back and then hitting send...

And it won't let me edit my posts! (But only on this thread)

6. mwpeters8182 macrumors 6502

I've got a set of Altec Lansing computer speakers. (2.1, with Sub) that sound good. I believe they are about $50, and if you're looking for Bass, they're a great option.

Logitech also makes a solid set of $50 speakers.

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The database is getting flakier. BTW, you can no longer see all posts by members with more than about 1900 posts. Try seeing Mr. Anderson's - not possible.

Let's hope it doesn't crash!

8. KevRC4130 macrumors 6502

Try THESE on for size...200 watts! They're only $55 after mail in rebate, and qualify for free shipping....plus from a very reputible brand....Sounds like a great deal to me :cool:

9. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

I just bought a 5.1 from www.newegg.com for 50$. Let me tell you, they are unbelievable. I highly recommend them, as do hundrends of others.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=36-121-104&DEPA=0

I ordered them on a wednesday morning and they were here by that friday. And that was with ground shipping. the bass on these things is amazing. I can't believe the sound quality for only 50$. You will not be dissapointed in these. Don't listen to other people telling you a 5.1 is rediculous. The speakers are small. The sub woofer is a nice 8". GET THESE!

Oh forgot to mention. New egg's reviews on these are not biased. Take a look at amazon.com for their reviews on these things. You'll notice there is nothing but positive feedback.