Speakers for Future and Present

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Will Curran, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Will Curran macrumors regular

Will Curran

I'm looking into buying a nice set of speakers and I think I need help. Currently I own Logitech Z-640 5.1 speakers for my PC which has a Creative 5.1 card, and I loved them untill one day I got a loud clank whenever bass occured, I thought it was clanking againest something untill I moved it and it made the same clanking. I turned the bass on the subwoofer all the way down, from all the way full up. My conclusion is that I blew out my subwoofer. Now that I've done that I need to look for another pair of speakers for now with my PC, and my future powerbook. I was wondering what would be the best speakers to get, I don't want to go above 250 because thats a reach for me, and I was thinking about 2.1 because Powerbooks don't have 5.1 sound, but would it be a good idea to go really high end and go with Logitech Z680 5.1 speakers now, and get an external soundcard later?

Edit: I like lots off bass, and I listen to music like hard trance, and house. I don't watch alot of movies or games, but occasionally I do. Also it's be cool if it matched, and looks good, but it doesn't really matter.

IM STUCK HELP ME!

2. timsq macrumors regular

timsq

Bose for me.

I picked up a pair of Media Mate Bose Speakers and am pleasantly satisfied with all but severe bass production which I have left to dedicated woofer. They were about $70 at J&R and now I'm out for a better sub than the iSub. Radiohead is my benchmark and the next best sound is $$$ away.