Speakers for iBook?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by mmoin, Jan 8, 2003.

1. mmoin macrumors regular

What kind of speakers would you guys recommend for the iBook? Looking for something small, but really good. Do the soundsticks work with the iBook? More importantly, are they any good? Thanks.

2. luckedog macrumors newbie

portable speakers? i know some good relativly small, but with a big subwoofer, namely logitech z-340's. they sound really good, and have tiny satalites

3. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Do you want something fairly portable, or a whole setup with the sub?

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Good headphones give you the best audio and the best stereo sound.

5. mmoin thread starter macrumors regular

I'm looking for something to put in a dorm room, they don't really need to be incredibly portable but that would be nice (I'm mainly looking for an affordable 2 or 3-piece system I could bring home for vacations).

6. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I just got the JBL Creature speakers for my iBook for Christmas, and they kick all kinds of ass. Previously I was routing my sound through my Boze system, but that involved a lot of wires all over the place and was generally a pain in the ass. The Creature speakers actually sound a bit better than my Boze ones, believe it or not. Plus, they're tiny (decent-sized subwoolfer hides under the desk) and look cool as hell. They also have a volume control on the right speaker, which is kind of a cool feature.