Speakers for my Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Xephian, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Xephian macrumors 6502a

Xephian

What are some good speakers that will work for the Power Mac G5? I've been looking at the Logitech Z-5500 now and have been thinking of getting those.

How would the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers compare to the Logitech 5.1 Z-5500's? And will these speakers work for this Mac without having to buy extra things to make it work?

2. Xephian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xephian

3. wiseguy27 macrumors 6502

wiseguy27

4. Bear macrumors G3

Do you mean the ProMedia 2.1 or 5.1 speakers? The 2.1 should come with everything needed. For the 5.1 you may need to buy a toslink optical cable.

I have a set of the Klipsch GMX 5.1 speakers and they sound nice.

I think in most circumstances, I'd go for speakers made by a speaker company and not a mouse company.

5. adam-uk macrumors member

adam-uk

If you have got a BIG room, and need the full surround sound system thing then go for the Logitech 5.1 Z-5500's. I've got them at home, and they are awsome - digital line into a mac works just fine. However, watch out for the sub...yeah its totally great, deep and 100something watts - but its HUGE! Make sure you can put that big daddy somewhere good.

If its just for normal usage, go for something like H&K Soundsticks II. They are small, cool in design, and give a create sound quality to price ratio.

5500's should be great for you. They impress everyone who comes round!

6. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

You could search and read all the other 'What speakers to buy' posts which would give you an idea...

7. Xephian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xephian

I did but not many people compared these two speaker sets.

I meant the 2.1 Klipsch ProAudio speakers.

And, Logitech makes many different things and they are all pretty good IMO.

8. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I've heard complaints about the Klipsch speakers dying after about a year. As for the Z-5500's, they are unbelievable. Great sound and bass. I wouldn't want any other speakers. Right now on Amazon they are $220 too.

9. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I've got the the Klipsh's ProAudio 2.1 and love them. I doni't have any complaints.