speakers for my sony lcd 26' tv

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Ipaqman, May 14, 2005.

1. Ipaqman macrumors 6502

hey everyone,

i just purchased the new 26' lcd from sony and i was looking for a home theater system to go with it. i don't want to spend a lot of money on these speakers, but i want something that sounds decent. could you recommend some speaker systems for me? also, would i need an amp for these speakers? i have looked at the sony 7.1 surround sound speaker system. are these speakers any good? so they require an amp?

thanks for your help,
    ipaqman

2. Ipaqman thread starter macrumors 6502

could someone please help me. i use macrumors every day to get help with my 12' powerbook and my ipod photo.

thanks,
    ipaqman

3. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Grab some paradigms and a $500 dolby digital and/or DTS decoder/receiver. Paradigms are constantly winning awards for amazing cost/performance ratio have a look at their site and find your local dealer and do some sound tests and have them recommend you a system. But please just stay from a package deal at a big box store as they tend to be some of the worst speakers made.

4. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

buy a What Hifi? Magazine (TV and video one) and use the buyers guide. There's literally 1000001 combinations you could have, and it depends a lot on what you want and where it will be.