Speakers Side by Side

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Macmadant, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

I have creature speakers for my ibook, and an isub and apple pro speakers for my powermac, however my headphone jack on my ibook, has some how become blocked not visibly, but i can't connect the creatures to my ibook, ( the cable just won't go into the headphone socket, no matter how hard i push) so they are now useless to my ibook, but what i want to know is can i use the creatures alongside my isub + pro speakers on my powermac, i don't think it can be done, but i'm open to suggestions :D

2. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Why would anybody want to help YOU antony?

Guh, let me do it... :p

Basically, you need a splitter like one of theser two:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't think your Apple Pro speakers will work like that though, because someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they need amplification (not built in)...

You could always just connect the Apple Pro speakers to the same outputs as the JBL Creature satellites on the sub. That will do the same thing, and if I were you, I'd use the Apple speakers as front ones, they're much better than the creature's little sats...

4. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nah I'd already thought of that, but the pro speakers have a customised connection, not the normal 3.5mm jack on my creatures

Attached Files: