Speakers that coordinate with iBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Starbrow, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Starbrow macrumors newbie

Feb 11, 2004

(Brand new here by the way!)

I am looking at getting an iBook for college, and I want to coordinate my other desk items with it, all shiny white/silver.

I'm looking for desk speakers that have the look/color of an iBook, are moderately priced, and still sound good. I'm not a true audiophile, I don't really play video games or anything, I simply want decent-sounding speakers for playing DVDs and music etc.

Hopefully they will be less than $40 (since I'm a poor college student!)

All the plain black or white speakers would look way too boring beside a shiny new iBook, I think! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

2. brhmac macrumors regular

Apr 21, 2003
    Planet Earth
    JBL Duet

You may want to try a pair of JBL's "Duet" speakers. Just bought a pair for my new iBook and they seem to look and sound just fine. They're funky if you want something out of the ordinary, reminding me of those big statue heads on Easter Island. ;)

They won't rock the house, but they're fine at low to moderate volume.

They're $49.95 for the pair -- a bit more than the $40 price point you mentioned but maybe close enough. Here's a link to the speakers at the Apple store.

3. painimies macrumors member

Jan 10, 2002
  4. jigglyjon macrumors member

Nov 5, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    the apple pro speakers require an "iFire" which is 40 dollars alone and plus the speakers, you might as well get the jbl creatures, plus they have a sub
  5. laserbeahm macrumors member

Feb 4, 2004
    Central Valley, CA
    I have the JBL invaders. They are self powered and plug into your headphone jack. I think they're awesome.