Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
So i have some cash, so i need some speaker for my iMac. I like the way my iMac G5 sound, but i need them louder so what to get?

Want to keep it under say 200-300

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
zap2 said:
So i have some cash, so i need some speaker for my iMac. I like the way my iMac G5 sound, but i need them louder so what to get?

Want to keep it under say 200-300

In my opinion, this is an awesome speaker set: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001EMLXE

I love the way it looks, and it sounds very nice too. Unfortunately, I didn't have room for that particular sub, so I had to get the Soundsticks II.

Nevertheless, once I change desks, I'm going to pick up those in the link above (Altec Lansing FX6021).

G5Unit

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2005
I'm calling the cops
There's always the:
SoundSticks
Alien Speakers(I forgot who makes them)
Creature Speakers

Or you could get a 5.1 reciever/amp and hook that up to the back of your iMac.

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
I got these for Christmas and am absolutely in love with them. When I got them they were only $220 but I'd still get them now for $270 after having them for 2 months. However, if you do get these, you'll need to pick up one of these to go with an optical cord in order to get the full 5.1 Surround Sound. One of the great things I like most about this setup is the ability to have up to 3 devices plugged into it at once and being able to simply change the settings to a different device. Right now I have my iMac plugged and my XBOX 360 using this. It's nice being able to just push Direct or Optical on the remote to change between the two. Movies and games sound amazing as well as the music.

Cheese

macrumors 6502
I got da JBL Creature lurking on my desk, but I will always regret having not purchased the Klipsch 2.1 system. The Creatures are nice, but the Klipsch are even more awesome. I know that ya get what ya pay for. I got the Creature, and am very happy, especially since I still have money for an extra Guinness!

WSFrazier

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2006
I second the Z-5500. I use them with my PB 17 via Digital and they are great, lots of bass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.