Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by plunar, Nov 6, 2006.

1. plunar macrumors 6502

Sep 7, 2003
    I was going to get the Bose Companion 5, despite Bose's reputed infamy amongst "audiophiles," but it turns out the speakers operate only on USB - not fiber optic line.

So I'm looking for a decent fi-op speaker system. the applestore, it turns out, has the Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX Speaker System. which looks damn fine to me on the spec sheet, though i still have a hard time accepting logitech can be consider a speaker manufacturer....

anything else worth looking in the $350 range?
  2. modShade macrumors newbie

Jun 29, 2006
    Only competition to Logitech which believe me sound great is Klipsh Promedia 5.1 which also sound great. I own both of these systems only in the 2.1 form.

The other option is Creative has some surround sound though if you browse around the audiophile community Creative is hated nearly as much as Bose is.

Lastly you could get a regular 5.1 speaker system which I think is the option alot of people take if money is not a factor. I have no experience in that field but I'm sure if you look around places like CNet you can find some good surround sound speaker sets.

Hope that helps!