Special plan for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aperture, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hi Everyone. I think I am going to be purchasing a 4Gb iPhone and wanted to question whether Apple has announced what kind of plan w/ Cingular it requires. I'm with Verizon now, but my contract is up and I think I am switching to Cingular. If they haven't mentioned anything, do you guys think it will require a data line?

Thanks

2. superninjagoat macrumors 6502

superninjagoat

Nothing's announced yet. But there's rumors galore. Take them all with a grain of salt and keep Verison around until it's firmed up a bit.

(tricky)s.n.goat

3. MacbookSwitcher macrumors 6502

MacbookSwitcher

Cingular has special data plans for Blackberry devices, so it's conceivable that they'll have a special iPhone plan as well, especially considering how much interest there is in the phone.

They may do something like require an all-you-can-eat data plan ($40/month) plus voice. That locks you in at at least $80/month for two years (which is $1,920 for those counting..)

But we won't know for probably another 6-8 weeks..

4. spencecb macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I'm hoping that the rumor is true about free service for a while.

Or at least they will offer some portion of the plan for free, say free six months of data to offset some of the cost of the phone.

Here's hoping :apple:

5. chatster18 macrumors regular

Ya but not very likely....maybe they will let us get just the data plan? who knows!

6. Cult Follower macrumors 6502a

Cult Follower

I wish they would tell us something soon. i also hope they upgrade the phone before it announced.

7. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

I think they will have special iPhone plans. Much like T-Mobile has a special plans for the Sidekick. I don't think they will be cheap though.

8. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

I gotta say, that's one thing I do like about Sprint. Data is all-inclusive, no added charges. I just pay for voice. But then, Sprint's data bandwidth is crap.

9. slffl macrumors 65816

slffl

Maybe in your area. But my bandwidth is excellent.