Special Promotions @ an Apple Retail Opening?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dieselg4, Sep 1, 2004.

1. dieselg4 macrumors regular

dieselg4

The gradn opening of the Pittsburgh Apple Store is this saturday, and I nearly ordered a new iMac 17", but I thought maybe there might be some sort of special promotion at the Grand Opening. Anybody know of any sort of thins happening at other openings?
    Thanks in advance.

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

last two store openings in japan (ginza and shinsaibashi) offered goodie bag deal. bag with 90,000 yen worth of stuff was sold for 20,000 yen.

the last time apple offered some sort of blanket discount was 10% off during the panther night and $50 off (i think? not 100% sure) for iTMS intro, maybe?

i wouldn't bet on a retail store opening to have discounts, but if you can wait, might as well...

btw, iMac G5 won't be available this saturday. (apple said shipping mid-Sept.) so the best you'll be able to do is pre-order.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

at the san francisco store opening, the goodie bags contained a 10% off discount card. if they offer the goodie bag at the pittsburgh store with this discount card in it (and you actually need the stuff in the bag and/or will sell the contents to make up for purchasing it), it might be worth it. but not sure if they're going to offer those bags there - keep an eye on http://ifoapplestore.com/ - this guy posts regular updates and news about apple store openings and might have insight on the availability of the goodie bags...

marianne