Specially for all you Star Wars fans.

Discussion in 'Community' started by absolut_mac, May 18, 2005.

1. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Why are Star War fans camping out months in advance to see the latest movie?

They've been in line so long that everything around them now seems to look like Star Wars, or is related to it or one of the movie's charachters in one way or another.

So fans, here's a new site for you ;)

http://www.storewars.org/flash/index.html

2. belair macrumors 6502

belair

Any echoes of the movie?

I saw "Revenge of teh Sith" Yesterday evening or more like this morning. They had a special screening at 12 o'clock. (And I did not stand in line for a week, I got there at around 11:30)
    What do you guys think of it?
    I think it was better then episode I and II but still not as good as the old ones. The caracters and their drama gets drowned by endless fighting scenes on an neverending string of planets. The computers have taken over Star Wars and they lost something valuable in the process.

3. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

It's sad George Lucas didn't pass the reins of directorial duties to a more capable director, such as Spielberg or Kirshner. All the high-tech computer graphics wizardry overshadows the lame dialog and stiff acting. It's so uncomfortable watching the love scenes between Anakin and Padme, I just want to curl in my seat and die.

Compare their relationship to that of Han Solo and Leia in The Empire Strikes Back.

Considering the love scene is the second most vital aspect in the prequels, it's been butchered to death. That whole "sand is rough" speech in Ep. II was just awful!

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

5. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
  6. Little King macrumors member

Hahaha! That is great. Thanks for sharing such a great find. ;)

7. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why did this low-budget production just beat the pants off of the Star Wars films that cost hundreds upon hundreds of millions of dollars?

Gimme a bunch of veggies fighting to the death, and apparently I'll be more than entertained. :)

And if you swapped Hayden Christensen with that potato, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. ;)

8. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Obviously I am a Star Wars fan, so the following statements are likely to contain bias.

And the reason that you love the veggies fighting to the death is likely because it's a satire parody of Star Wars. Without that background, I doubt that it would have been as fun to watch.

Furthermore, while I was unimpressed with Hayden's performance in Attack of the Clones, if you've seen him in Life as a House you will realize that it's not that he's a bad actor. From what I've read and seen, it looks that as Anakin Skywalker veers to the dark side, and especially once he takes the name Darth Vader, Hayden really starts to grow into the role. Of course, I could be completely wrong, and Revenge of the Sith might be lackluster like the other two prequels.

9. zach macrumors 65816

zach

We'll see.

I'm going tonight (or is that tommorow morning) at midnight for the official release.. I'm looking forward to it :D

10. poundsmack macrumors 6502

poundsmack

11. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Anybody remember Spaceballs? Maybe it's time to rent it again. :)

I already bought my Sith ticket and will go wait in a big line with other geeks for the prime evening show tomorrow in Westwood, CA. Counting the Special Edition rereleases of IV, V, and VI, this will be my sixth time at the same theater for opening day, with the same silly group of friends, so I certainly can't stop the tradition now.

Afterwards, I can return to normal, waiting for Apple Store openings.

12. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

It opens today well tommorow at 12.01 am

i'm leaving in a little wile ... the last 2 got pretty full pretty quickly

i'm exited ... i saw the first two opening night ... might as well see this one

13. Norouzi macrumors 6502

Ok, let me start by saying I'm a huge Star Wars fan and a professional geek but what's with people complaining about the acting in the recent films. Honestly I didn't think that the first one was too bad, granted Jar Jar is the worst possible thing George Lucas could have done since Gredo shooting first, but I don't think the overall movie was too bad. I mean come on people, when was the last time you watched "A New Hope"? Mark Hamil is a horrible actor, Carrie Fisher goes in and out of a Brittish accent, Harison Ford wasen't too bad, no general complaints. I agree that the movies so far haven't been great, too much reliance on CGI and special effects to make the movie but I thought the lightsaber fight scenes have been incredible. So please people before you go and bash the current films go back and really take a good look at the old ones. The story's were great and the films were groundbreaking and I'll always love them (especially Empire) but come on, go watch the original Star Wars then watch one of the prequals and see what you think.

14. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

15. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I notice not a word about Anakin, the story is about him in fact every episode.

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

But they had personalities in IV, V, and VI, which is why people loved them. ;)

And I have seen the prequels after having watched the originals, and I don't really love any of the films. Its not that I'm biased towards hating them. I have no reason to. I just don't like the films, maybe except Empire Strikes Back. That was okay. ROTJ was okay as well.

17. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

My pleasure.

Somebody actually posted the link on my favorite watch forum, http://www.timezone.com/ and I knew that you guys here would enjoy it too :)

18. xli_ne macrumors 6502a

xli_ne

hahahahahhahahah... i have a new quote of the day

"thats no moon, thats a melon"

that's classic :D

19. FoxyKaye macrumors 68000

FoxyKaye

San Francisco, Terre d'Ange, Bas Lag, Gallifrey
    Same here, but with different groups of friends. I've got all my tix from 1997, 1999, 2002 and presumably tomorrow all in a tiny frame just for fun.

20. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

What happened to the old friends, trade them in for the *latest model* ? Or weren't they available to join you?

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That was awesome absolut_mac, thank you. Sort of a market review of the first three episodes.

Doctor Q, neither my wife or I remember "Space Ball." I hope that you will have a great time with your friends seeing it on the first day. Will look forward to your critique. ;)

22. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

I saw this the other day, but thanks for another laugh anyway!

23. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all