Specific Mac Models

Discussion in 'Mac Guides' started by crazzyeddie, Nov 1, 2005.

1. macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

For the specific Mac models (like the oogles of PowerMac revisions), would it be wise to just link directly to AppleSpec instead of making our own? We already have [[PowerMac]] with links to [[PowerMac_G4]] which then links to [[PowerMac_specificModel]]. Maybe the links on the PowerMac_G4 page should be to the AppleSpec PDFs for those models?

2. Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

What if apple takes that information down?

I would think it would be good to make our own local DB of information so we don't need to rely on others for information.

Just my .00000002
    [​IMG]

3. macrumors G4

Lord Blackadder

Eventually the MR Guide will hopefully absorb all the info from the various reliable sources, making it pretty comprehensive.

4. macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

The current guideline is to post links to external sources, and then slowly merge that data into the MacGuides. A good example right now is the [guide]PowerMacG4[/guide] page, which has some links to user-created pages and some links to external pages.

(Assuming someone didn't change that :rolleyes: )

5. macrumors newbie

You could also either link to or copy the information from www.apple-history.com. It has the specs for (as far as I know) all old Apple products, but is seldom updated, so if we put everything here, then we would have a more up-to-date, all-in-one database.