Specific Type of Program

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mynameismatt89, Nov 10, 2006.

1. mynameismatt89 macrumors 6502

Aug 19, 2005

I'm looking for a free program to use when taking notes in class. I have microsoft word for mac but am looking for something that will let me do math and physics stuff such as equations, and will let me draw diagrams. Is there a program specifically designed for doing this? I know word has a draw tool but i need something a little better than this and something that will show (for instance) a fraction with a number over top of another number, rather than actually typing x/y.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Word has an Equation Editor, but it's an optional install...if you don't have it, you'll have to go back to your install discs and find it.

LaTeX is a popular system that handles formulas and equations very well. There are various incarnations of this for OS X, but I don't know enough about them to recommend a specific one.
  3. mynameismatt89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 19, 2005
    ohh so it seems i do have the equation editor. thanks alot

anything i can do for diagrams... besides a mac equivelant of windows' paint?
  4. mynameismatt89 thread starter macrumors 6502

Aug 19, 2005
    oh, also, what can i use on word to make small notes... kind of like a sticky note. i tried the comment box thing, but it is no good.