1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Speck case for 11 MBA (anyone have?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by JoJo Zzang, Jun 24, 2012.

1. macrumors member

So I have always used Speck cases for my MacBook Pros with zero issues. I am a case kind of guy. I am always throwing photo equipment into my bag and etc and I tend to resell my Macs as great of quality as I had it the first day.

With that being said - I keep hearing some random rumblings in regards with the Speck case for the MBA.

This is the one I am shooting for (yea yea... its orange. They didn't have green. I have too many black cases. Want something different this time. :p) http://www.amazon.com/Speck-SeeThru-Clementine-Releases-SPK-A0362/dp/B004PAO6RY/ref=pd_sbs_e_6

Some of the random things are:
    - Clips (sturdiness)
    - Flex on the top protector (middle of the top)

Anyone have this case? Now, 99.9% of the things you read on forums and etc are people who complain and have had bad experiences. Products can be defective. So, I am taking it with a grain of salt - with caution nonetheless.

I doubt Speck would make something that damaged the MBA.

Thanks in advance to those who provide a valid response. :D

2. macrumors 6502a

I used a speck case for my 2011 MBA, it cracked after a few weeks.

I recommend iPearl cases.. it's like speck but they're lighter and feel nicer to hold than speck.

3. macrumors member

4. macrumors regular

This a thousand times. I spent 50 bucks on a speck and it cracked within days.

I've got to (20 bucks each) of the iPearl and they're way nicer.

5. macrumors member

I have had a Speck on my Pro for the last two years with no problems.
    I now have a clear on my 13" Air, and expect it to perform just as well.

I should mention I always use a sleeve with the Speck(currently a Thule.)
    I use the case to prevent scratching when the air is out, not to prevent it bashing around when it is in my bag.

Overkill? Maybe, but that is probably why I have never had problems with cracking on the Speck.