Speck of dust BEHIND MBP Glossy screen!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dbboy, Feb 9, 2007.

1. dbboy macrumors newbie

Just noticed this today. A tiny (yet annoying) black speck which appears to be behind he glossy cover of the screen. Anyone else have this problem? I see now way of getting rid of it. :(

2. donster28 macrumors 6502a

sorry but i don't have this on mine nor have i have heard of it in a macbook/pro. i know that this occurs in some dlp projection televisions...i actually noticed at least 2 specks on all dlp tv's on demo at my local electronic store. i guess it has something to do with the layering of the screen.

it can be annoying, i suggest taking it to an apple store and have it exchanged since it's not really a dead pixel. good luck.

3. diadem macrumors regular

It could be a dead/stuck pixel('s) get one of the tools to test for it :)

4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I agree with the post above - sounds more like a dead pixel than a spec of dust.

Check this out: one night I noticed a freaking ant behind the screen towards the bottom of my 23-inch Cinema HD! He was having a hard time moving around - who knows how the heck it got in there. Anyways, I shut off the display went to bed and put in a little prayer that he'd be gone in the morning. Much to my surprise he was :). I laced the back of my desk with ant spray so that (hopefully) won't happen again...

5. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Do you think the ant made it out of the screen alive?

His corpse could still be somewhere in the LCD! :eek: