Speck Products: Shuffle Dock

Discussion in 'iPod Gear Discussion' started by iPodGear, Apr 21, 2005.

1. iPodGear macrumors bot

Apr 10, 2005
  2. u2mr2os2 macrumors member

Aug 11, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    I like mine, and I can keep my headphones in the space inside the square base if I ind them up in a small circle and toss the shuffle cap in there while it's plugged in. Other than that, there's not much not to like since it's such a simple device. It does hold the shuffle at a slight reclining angle versus the Apple dock's straight up. I would have liked Speck to have packaged the cord a bit better so it doesn't come out so kinked. That's one I like a lot about Apple's packaging is that the cords are always would without hard kinks.
  3. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Apr 22, 2005
    Beware speck skins

I purchased a 20gb iPod last friday, and got a Speck Skin to protect my new baby.
    This particular skin came with a seperate clear plastic piece to protect the screen.
    Except the screen protector doesn't fit snulgy into the skin and moves around.
    This resulted in my screen getting scratched by the very product that was supposed to protect it.
    I first noticed 2 large scratchees on my screen, and thought maybe it was my fault for inserting hte protecter the worng way around, so I flipped it over and it scratched my screen even worse.
    The screen of my iPid looked like it was months not just hours old
    I returned both products immediately.

To my utter surprise the Apple store I purchased them from happily exchanged it for me.
    Needless to say i didn't take another skin protector, guess I better find a different product.