speed up activation of Exposé windows?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tymmz, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

When Exposé shows you all the windows and you drag a file across a window and wait a bit the window becomes active. It takes a bit too long for my taste.

Is there a way to speed up that process?

-thx

2. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

What machine are you running? I'm wondering if the video card can support Quartz extreme. (I am aware that pretty much any machine for the last 5 years supports that though)

3. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

All it's really doing after you wait there for two seconds is exiting expose with that window in front. So just press the expose button again, or press the space bar.

In normal drag and drop functions, hitting the space bar forces a folder you are dropping into to spring open instantly instead of waiting and blinking. In this case, it doesn't really matter which you do, because it's just exiting expose as far as I can tell.

4. VortexOfPain macrumors member

Can you be more descriptive Tymmz? I have no delay using Expose, so I'm with decksnap on this one, and gonna guess that you are actually referring to Spring Loaded Folders and not Expose.

You can adjust this setting to open S.L.F's in the Finder preferences "Command-,"