speed up Safari???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, Feb 16, 2005.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Hi,
    I have OSX (10.3.8) and I enjoy Safari. In general, it is pretty quick. I installed Camino (CO) yesterday and it is considerably faster than Safari. To open my AMEX site, Safari just chugs and often, after I type in my ID and password, I get a "can't open" message. Same with my Bank of America site. I set both to open on Camino on a tab and they open quickly and I can log on without incident. Is there something I can do to speed up Safari, or is it just how Safari is.

I installed Firefox (FF) too, and I althought I like the interface of FF more than CO, I find CO to be much quicker.

Frank

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

You could try Safari Speed. It basically removes the page loading delay built into Safari, so pages will be displayed as fast as your connection.

Some banking sites notoriously don't play nice with Safari though.

3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>You could try Safari Speed. It basically removes the page loading delay built into Safari, so pages will be displayed as fast as your connection.<<

That really did speed it up a bunch. I should clean up my bookmarks too and dump what I really don't need.

>>>Some banking sites notoriously don't play nice with Safari though.<<

No kidding. I was on US Air tonite looking at flights. Kept getting the "can't find server" stuff. Brought up Camino and it rocked!!!

Frank

4. gost8go macrumors member

You could try Shiira. It is somehow based off of safari but runs noticably faster. I've only been using it a week but so far it is better than safari.

5. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I just downloaded that and it seemed to speed up safari a bit. Generally I found safari slowed down a lot after I installed 10.3.7 . and 10.3.8 didnt speed it up much.

6. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

>>Shiira.<,

Where do you find this at??

Frank

7. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

ummm, try googling it. If I remember correctly its the first result.

8. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Shouldn't reward such blatant laziness but here. Remember http://macupdate.com/ is your friend :)