Speeding Hurts

Discussion in 'Community' started by gekko513, May 31, 2005.

1. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

wow what an amazing video/advert. I wonder how they did that. It looks so real. The glass and the cuts :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

3. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

Very well done, the look on the driver's face at the "end" is perfectly smug. Seems like the ad is more about inattention than it is speeding, though.

4. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

wow, very well done.

we had some safety/seatbelt ads a little while ago in the uk. people not wearing seat belts is a massive killer.

here's a link to one that always makes me cringe. warning: dont view if you're eating :eek:

5. gekko513 thread starter macrumors 603

gekko513

I agree somewhat, but I think the point gets through all the same. Speeding increases the risk that a moments inattention has a fatal result.

6. gekko513 thread starter macrumors 603

gekko513

That was almost horrible to watch. Drive carefully everyone, and do remember to always wear a seatbelt!

7. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

Wow...also a freaky video. But not as good as the other video...the blood was a tad fake..

8. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I am big on wearing seatbelts, and was really glad when Maryland made it a law. I'm sure the vast majority of folks are better protected by wearing a seatbelt.

That being said, my sister's life was most likely saved because she wasn't wearing hers. A delivery truck made a sudden left in front of her (she was doing about 45mph at the time), and she totalled her Audi. Had she been wearing her seatbelt, the policeman said her chest would have been completely crushed by the steeling column (which was embedded in the seat). As it was, she was kinda tossed across the front seats and, while pretty banged up, she survived. She wouldn't wear a seatbelt for years after, and says she still thinks about it every time she buckles in.