Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biggiesmalls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
New York
Hello All,

For some reason, the spellcheck in Word will not work for me. I have all the updates for Office. I searched Microsoft.com and I tried all of their suggestions and still the spellcheck doesn't work. It just says "Spell Check Complete" when their are blatant errors. Anyone familiar with this issue?

biggiesmalls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
New York
It says "Custom Dictionary" in the box. Then if I hit "Dictionaries.." on the side "English US" is checked.

biggiesmalls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
New York
Thanks for your help..I figured out the problem. However, I am presented with a new one. The reason the spellcheck would not find any misspelled words is because I do not have the English Proofing Tools installed. It says I need to insert the CD to install the proofing tools, however I left the Office 2004 CD at school. Is there anywhere I can download the proofing tools?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Mmm, I'm not sure. The Mactopia.com site has the Swedish ones, but I think they assume you have your install CD/DVD for the English ones. Can you borrow a DVD from someone and see if it'll install even though the code doesn't match?

biggiesmalls

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
New York
Unfortunately not, all my friends and family are Windows users. I'll just have to wait a few weeks until I get back there. Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.