Spiderman 2 Game for the Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by BornAgainMac, Aug 23, 2004.

1. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Check out the trailer:
    http://www.activision.com/en_US/game_specific/af50921d-47bb-4992-9c41-bee322052d0a.html

Even though they don't say Mac compatible, I purchased a Mac version at my local CompUSA. I read one review that the game takes about 6 hours to finish but after that you can explore NY on your own. I have been playing it for 2 days and still haven't finished the game. It's runs smooth on my G5. It's the closest thing to Grand Theft Auto for the Mac.

I recommend this game.

2. applekid macrumors 68020

I'm staying away from the Spiderman 2 game. The PC game (which the Mac version is a port of) is very much lackluster in comparison to the console versions. Not worth the money in my opinion.

3. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

From what I heard, the PC version sucks, and the console versions rock.

They made the PC version a "point-n-click" interface.

That's a big WTF!?

4. BornAgainMac thread starter macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I checked out the Xbox version and noticed it has a lot more features than the PC/Mac version does. No extra missions like Pizza Delivery or saving people. No helicopter. I wonder why they crippled it for the PC/Mac? That was dumb. That explains why it is already $30 bucks for even the Mac version. It was still fun for $30 bucks and I don't have an Xbox.

5. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

That kind of game strickes me as a GamePad type game, and Aspyr does not usaly add gamepad support to their games. I played it on the Cube once, it was fun swinging around New York, but to me it's not worth the money.

6. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

The PC/Mac Spider-Man 2 game is absolutely nothing near as great as the Cube/PS2/Xbox game is.

You'd be better off buying the "old" Spider-Man game for the Mac.

7. Wyvernspirit macrumors 6502a

Wyvernspirit

I was thinking about picking up this game for the mac as I like to support mac games as often as possible, however I guess with this title it will have to be the PS2 version. :rolleyes:

Played it at EB and loved it.

Oh Well.

At least I can't blame it on a bad port, you can't make something great if the material that its based on is crap.