spiderman 3 trailer

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by LucasKinder, Nov 14, 2006.

1. LucasKinder macrumors newbie

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. job macrumors 68040

job

Oh man, they're not even going have Venom in this one...and it's going to be great.

(There is no way Venom is the main character...by following the comic book mythology, Spidy has to ditch the black stuff before it finds Eddie Brock...Spiderman 4 anyone? :D)

4. dhc macrumors regular

I heard they are going to circumnavigate this story arc and have venom attatch itself to JJ Jameson's son, the astronaut (& MJ's ex - can't remember his name) who inadvertently brings it back from a mission. The two join in symbiotic harmony in their shared hatred of spidey. Mwuhahaha!:eek:

5. job macrumors 68040

job

It's certainly possible...but I seem to recall the name "Eddie Brock" coming up in the second movie at some point...

Who knows. Either way, it'll be a rocking good time.

6. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

7. kristiano macrumors regular

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I've seen Topher Grace in previous trailers. He's playing Eddie Brock isn't he?

9. LucasKinder thread starter macrumors newbie

I beleive that is true and for those commenting about Venom i have heard it is not the main baddy but could lead nicely on to spidey 4 the only problem being is the cast and director only signed on for 3 films!!

10. Garden Knowm macrumors 6502

11. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

Looks friggin awesome! Im hoping they didnt just show us all the good parts though. Seems like that trailer showed the highlights to the entire movie. Either way, it looks like a winner!

12. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Yes. My understanding is that after stealing his son's fiancée, JJ hires Brock to find out why Parker got MJ and how he gets all those Spidey photos. Chaos ensues.

Considering how much Topher and Toby look alike it was a conscious casting decision. Hence, I've little doubt that the symbiote latches onto Brock as a substitute for Parker to become...VENOM! :D

I'm not a big fan of taking several years of story and collapsing them into a 2 hours movie (see X3 for it done badly) but I'm interested to see how SM3 is handled. :)

13. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

I've actually hated all the Spiderman movies...even though I want to like them.

I think it's just a deep-down hatred for Tobey Macguire. There's something not believable in him.

14. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Spider-Man awesome. I never read the comic books, but I've watched a whole lot of the cartoon that they had. It was so good. I don't recall of a sand villain though. Who is that?

15. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Sandman is one of Spidey's "iconic" villians. He can turn his body into sand (not as stupid as it sounds) and into all kinds of shapes. For example, turns his fist into a giant "sand" hammer to smash a wall open.

The Spidey iconic villians (IMO) are:
    The Lizard
    Mysterio
    Sandman
    The Vulture
    The Green Goblin

Others like Venom, the Hobgoblin, Carnage et al all came much later.

16. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Thanks, I've only watched the cartoon so they must've passed that or I just didn't see those episode.

17. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

My guess is that's how it will go as well. Also, if you watched the cartoon in the mid 90's, that's way it happened on there. The way Spiderman got rid of it was by going to a bell tower because of the loud noise, which you can see him doing in the trailer. I believe Eddie Brock got the suit because he followed Spiderman there for a story, and the suit ended up attaching to him.

18. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

19. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

As I said... mmmmmmm Venom. :)

Back i the day I had this bizzare DC/Marvel crossover in which Spidey got his symbiote suit on some alien planet.
    If memory serves me correctly (and it ususally doesn't), Galacticus was involved.

EDIT: I guess I was mixing it up with another comic, but I definitely have the original issues when they're all on another planet. I'm so geektastic.

20. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Secret Wars Issue #8 (Spidey Episode right before ASM 252).
    The Beyonder wanted to see the fight between Good and Evil. Everyone had to worry about Galactus though (wasn't Galacticus a transformer? :D ) In any case, Spidey got the symbiote from a machine that was holding it... he thought it was a cool new uniform.

Woops.

And I am geektastic too! yay

21. job macrumors 68040

job

22. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

23. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

24. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

25. TequilaBoobs macrumors 6502a

TequilaBoobs

thats dope. spidey is my 2nd favorite comic book hero/movie, the first place reserved for X-men of course.

R.I.P. Professor Xavier...