Spiderman, Final Fantasy and good comic wallpapers

Discussion in 'Community' started by cb911, Jun 17, 2002.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i was just wondering if anyone knows of any good sites that have cool Spiderman or Final Fantasy wallpapers. i think i've got most of the 'official' FF wallpapers, but i would love to know if there are any others out there.

there is a heap of good wallpapers at deviantart.com but it's really hard to find all the Spiderman wallpapers. anyone know of other good sites?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Yipee! Another wallpaper thread! :D
    The thread I started a while back 'Macs and babealicious wallpapers!', seems to have pretty much come to a close now, so it's good to see another one.
    The pic of Aki from Final Fantasy in my thread was great, looking forward to seeing some more in this thread.
    Bring 'em on! :D

3. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

for Spiderman wallpapers check here

then choose enhanced media.
    wallpaper, icons, screensavers, ecards, ....

4. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

of course!! Spiderman website = Spiderman wallpapers! why didn't i think of that? ok, no one's supposed to answer that.

i'll post all of my Aki wallpapers, but i really want to see some other good ones that have been done.

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

C'mon then, lets seem 'em, r they as good as the one in the thread I started? ...I hope so :D

6. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

i'll probably have them all up by this time tomorrow. i've just got to Photoshop them down to a size i can post first. promise they'll be up by by this exact time tomorrow, maybe sooner, seeing that i'm on holidays now!!:D

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Woo-hoo! Looking forward to it!
    I don't really have any to post, accept that one of Aki that I should think everyone allready has from the other thread.

8. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

i was looking in the movies wallpaper section of deviantART when i found this Aki wallpaper. apparently the guy who made it put the black strips in it, so there should be a pic out there without those ugly black stripes. i'm trying to track down the original picture now.....:D

i just couldn't go to bed without posting this!!:)

how about that? i went on about posting this pic and then i forget to attach it. yep, i'll fix this up and then i'll sleep.

9. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

yep, here's the pic

appropriately named "Aki Loss"

i'm still looking for the original picture, so you'll just have to wait.

and something else, i really want to know how you can post decent pics without going over the 102KB limit. for this one i just changed the size and saved for web. does anyone have any other tips?

Attached Files:

10. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: yep, here's the pic

Do you mean the origional, as in without the big black boxes spanning certain parts? hehehe :D

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Ooops, I just read this post properly.
    I have the pic your after....
    Just go to google.com images search and type 'aki', that's where I came across it when I was searching for wallpapers.

12. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

that's right, there's supposed to be an original without those black boxes. i haven't come any closer to finding it yet though.... but i'll keep looking, harder and harder. mmmmm...looking.....

13. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Found it!
    I thought it best I don't actually post the pic in here..but just provide a link.
    Not bad for a girl built on a computer, it's a little bit worrying how hot she is :eek:.

(If the mods don't like it then feel free to delete my post ;))

14. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

i don't know if anyone wants this, but here is a link to the original 'blacked out' Aki wallpaper from deviantART.

Aki Loss

15. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

thanks guys

Firs off Devienat art is a great site, hate the pop up though and its slow even on a cable modem! but still great!

Cant believe how hot AKI is, what does that say about me and the state of society at this point. but i appreciate the link!

16. spuncan macrumors 6502

hey cb got the original for u
    done verbose- hey at least mine was cleaned. Urs was a link but still completely nude :D

17. spuncan macrumors 6502

CB- if u want the un-edited one email me (don't want to offend the women or younger people here :rolleyes: ) whoa thats a little bigger then i though it would be. And heres the swim suit pic i posted on the other thread.

Attached Files:

18. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I can't see this staying up for long, this forum is for all ages and I think this maybe pushing it a bit, that's why I just put up a link to this pic.

19. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I know, that's why I only put a link, so that the image wasn't falsed upon people when they opened the page :p
    And you'll also not my msg to the mods to feel free to delete the post if they still felt it was unsuitable.

20. sturm375 macrumors 6502

Anybody know where to get good wallpapers for this oddball TiPB (1152x768). I do not have Photoshop, just iPhoto and Appleworks.

21. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Take a look at http://www.macdesktops.com , I think they have some in that res.

22. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

also have a look at mandolux.com . that guy has some really good pictures and in heaps of different resolutions.

i just remembered another reason why mandolux is so good! if you have dual monitors or a massive resolution like 1920x1200 you'll love the wallpapers in the Giants/Dual monitor section. just go to navigation> Giants/Dual monitor. check it out!!:D

if you really want to, couldn't you get some shareware program to resize the wallpaper? there should be heaps of those sort of things on the Apple website just waitning to be downloaded!

23. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

hey spuncan! how did you post that wallpaper with such good quality?! isn't that over 100KB? how'd you do it, whats your secret??:confused:

24. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

here's one of mine. i know i have lots more than this, or i thought i did. i know i have seen heaps all over the place.

Attached Files: