Spigen Glas t SLIM (coming soon)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maatae, Feb 19, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

2. macrumors regular

this may actually interest me now, nice find. But knowing how spigen works they are going to release this slim glast, and then a month later release a slim glastr.

3. macrumors member

Thanks for the heads-up :) I've been holding off on getting one.

4. macrumors 68020

Really? The Glass t/r is to thick? Really? Come on now guys a bit dramatic aren't we?

5. macrumors 65816

Just when you thought you had the best screen protector or case, Spigen comes out with something better. When will I reach the bottom of this money pit?! :confused:

6. macrumors 6502a

Ah now maybe I can get some lay on table from my PS bumper :)

7. macrumors 6502

Exactly what I was thinking.

8. macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

AppleCare+

9. macrumors regular

bodyguardz still gets my money just based off of their replacement policy.

10. macrumors 65816

:apple:

11. macrumors 6502

I hate how easily they get smudged after a while. I've had mine for a couple of months and I need to clean it every other minute.

12. macrumors newbie

do you guys enjoy the spigen glast.r? I am trying to decide if I want to purchase one or not yet; I just know if anything goes wrong with it (air bubbles, etc) I will take it off and then I just waisted 30+ bucks on a screen protector. I am usually pretty accurate when putting on screen protectors. I have a crappy invisible shield on right now & am probably going to just rock my iphone 5 naked or replace it with a glass screenshield

how does spigen compare to the competition such as MIME, iloome, bodyguardz etc. bodyguardz is a little out of my price range though

13. macrumors regular

Macguy76

Thats great...

That has been the only gripe of the Glas series from Spigen. I have one on my iPhone and my Sons iPhone. And, I am waiting on one more for my wife's iphone as well.

So glad...

But, I will buy one, or two, or three...

Thanks Spigen!

14. macrumors 603

rgarjr

I've had the TR for a month and it's cool. After a while the edges of the glass tend to get air but doesn't really bother me now. Can't really notice it unless you really look. I like how smooth it feels when you swipe and touch the screen. It is smoother than the naked OEM glass.

15. thread starter macrumors newbie

would you need a tR slim though? isn't .26mm about the thickness of a regular screen protector? would you still worry about chipping at that thickness?

16. macrumors newbie

So is there a GlastR slim coming out as wel??

17. ip4
    macrumors newbie

ip4

18. macrumors 6502

Correct me if I am wrong here but, wouldn't it be more beneficial to have a thicker glass screen protector seeing how it is after all supposed to be a screen protector right?

I see that it is not a TR model. Man I tell you, why do companies insist on manipulating their customers?

19. macrumors 68020

"35% more slim and light". They need to work on their advertising. So what they are saying is 35% more of less. :D

20. macrumors 65816

This product is directed towards people who don't want a thick glass screen protector but still want glass. I would fall under this demographic. Some people don't need protection (i.e. people who like bumpers) but still want to feel glass instead of plastic and also protect their screens from scratches.

Also, a tR slim version may not be necessary, since it's thinner than the regular t's and tR's.

21. macrumors newbie

I think this slim glass could work for some people, im just looking for some screen protector for mi iphone 5, cause im going to remove the build in screen protector of my otterbox defender, and i really like the glass tr, but im not sure if it is going to fit on mi defender... maybe this slim glass will work better for me

22. macrumors 6502a

Bingo. I just *won* a 7.77 discount code from SPIGEN so I think I'll save it for this puppy.

23. macrumors member

chaosbringer

GLAS.tR Slim is coming soon, according to a comment they posted on facebook:

Spigen SGP: The GLAS.tR SLIM will arrive soon! It is not as slim as the GLAS.t SLIM but it will have the rounded edges! Check www.spigen.com for details!

24. macrumors 65816

Weird that it is not as slim. I foresee them doing away with the regular t's and tR's like they did with the neo hybrid bumpers.

25. macrumors regular

Dude the new SLIM with their Saturn case is going to be the best combo EVER