Spigen/SGP Leather Grip Series for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macguy76, Oct 17, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Macguy76

So it looks as though Spigen/SGP has released yet another case! I was on their website to order some extra screen shields when I came across them! I had been considering the Leather Snap Case by Incase, but I am glad I saw this first!

http://www.spigen.com/cell-phone/ap...phone-5-case-genuine-leather-grip-series.html

I went ahead and ordered the Black leather one, I will let everyone know how it rates when it comes in!

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

Looks great and good choice on the black one, I think I will order the same. I want the cream / brown but I know it will more than likely absorb dirt and have blue stains from wearing jeans.

3. macrumors newbie

liliestelle

Is it true leather or only plastic imitation ?

4. macrumors regular

5. macrumors 6502a

I have the version for iPhone 4. It's a thin layer of real leather glued to a polycarbonate shell with a soft lining where the case touches the phone. I liked mine a lot and am considering getting one for the iPhone 5. While it's not as thin as a simple polycarbonate case, it's thinner than many silicon or rubber cases and is quite confortable to hold on the iPhone 4. I imagine the 5 being thinner is even better if that's what you want.

6. macrumors 6502

Anyone who had the brown one before, is the texture different from the black and white ones? From pictures, it looks like suede.. or.. more of a soft, velvety feel than the black and white ones.

7. macrumors 6502a

I believe I do. The brown one is not shiny but not suede either. It feels like natural leather and will pick up a patina that IMHO quite nice.

8. thread starter macrumors regular

Macguy76

Case just arrived and its interesting...

Leather has a great feel to it, but it fits a bit snug. The sleep/wake button is a little difficult to press.

The case grips along the side but offers little protection to the front.

Spigen was good enough to send out a screen protector along with it.

I'll keep it on for a bit and report back!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350936731.244796.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350936742.261660.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350936752.760872.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350936765.045745.jpg

9. macrumors member

Received my vintage brown case and it feels great. The suede soft touch is a nice change from the smooth leather. I can't wait to break it in and have it turn that nice dark brown. I also paired it with the red aluminum home button to go with the brown/white of my phone.

10. macrumors 6502a

I just saw a video review for the Vintage brown. It looks nice! :D
    I thought it was gonna be really light but didn't know it could turn into a nice brown leather like material.