Spin Doctor

Discussion in 'Games' started by harveypooka, Dec 21, 2005.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

Can anyone remember Spin Doctor on system 7? Or that game were you flew a ship around a maze...? I'd love to get ahold of them again.

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Spin Doctor! Of course, good game from back in the day, use to play it at my primary school as well.

Do you mean Spector Challenge or Maze Wars?
    I believe Maze Wars the walls were bluish, and you could fire those 'heat seaking' green 'rockets.'
    Spectore Challenge wasn't really a maze but the principles were the same, you just collected flags and could also improve your ships speed and stamina.

3. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

Maze Wars! That's the one! I remember playing once before school and I couldn't figure out how to quit the game. Those were in the days of my Performa 630. Wow, how times flies! I think it was...maybe 60mhz? Something like that. Any idea where we can get these from?

I just checked the Macintosh Garden and they have Spin Doctor! http://mac.the-underdogs.org/index.php?show=game&id=399
    Excellent! No Maze wars though.

Now I have to hunt for a OS9 disc and install and run the game on classic! Woot!

4. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

No idea where you could get them nowadays, maybe someone on here has an old Mac they kept running with it or something, other than that Google it.

I used to play it on a black performa 180Mhz or the white ones they had at my primary school (they have Spector Challenge not Maze Wars) not sure what those computers specs were.

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

oh man.. I remember this game. It was NUTS! during 3rd grade computer class, I was always playing either this or Oregon Trail.

I had the high score in BOTH games!

Booya!