Spire Backpack

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nesbitt_a, Apr 26, 2004.

1. nesbitt_a macrumors 6502

Guys,

I've decided on a nice new spire backpack to carry my 15'' powerbook around in. However, I can't decide on either the Volt, or the Volt XL. I'm slightly concerned about the size of the XL - is it close to a rucksack?

Any comments from owners or people who have seen them would be appreciated.

Andrew.

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i'm actually a volt xl owner, orginally i wanted the regualr one, but they were out of stock and after a little compalining they sent me a volt xl, really nice people over there and they shipped it overnight for free because of the error. So the customer service is great

as for the bag, its been really good for my freshman year in college because it holds quite a bit of stuff, including my 12" pb but the 15 would add or take much mroe space based on the design of the bag, there are so many pockets and its pretty waterproof so that is excellent when your caught in a mid day storm. Its a very high quality bag and a great investment, its just a little bigger than a standard bag. If you want pictures or something send me a PM.

3. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

what kind of load do you have on a typical daily routine in college/univ?? i'm going to univ this fall and i need a nice bag that can carry some load plus my soon-to-be-mine powerbook.

do you find it comfortable enough for certain amount of walks? etc...
    maybe you can give us a more in depth impressions/review about the bag in terms of its functionality and practicality for college students.

thx. :)

also..how big/tall are you?? do you find the size to be annoying or just right?