Spire Endo XL vs. Timbuk2 Commute vs. Brenthaven Fusion MB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by coastertux, Jul 21, 2006.

1. coastertux macrumors regular

My 15 inch MacBook Pro will be arriving soon and I am looking for a bag for it (I will be a college student in the Fall). I have narrowed my choices down to three bags:
    Spire Endo XL
    Timbuk2 Commute
    Brenthaven Fusion MB
    Which one will offer the best protection for my laptop as well as be durable, comfortable, and worth the price?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

From those 3 choices, I'd put my money towards the Brenthaven. I don't have any experience with any 3 of these bags, but generally Brenthaven makes some high quality products, albeit at a high price. However, since the pricing seems to be the same for these 3 bags, I say go with the Brenthaven Fusion.

3. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Well, I've used a Commute for a few years now, and it ket my Powerbook safe and dry all the while. Great bag, great for walkin' around and bikin' and such.

4. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I have a Brenthaven Fusion (for a 12" notebook) and I think it is a good shoulder bag with nice padding inside and on the shoulder strap. I also have Timbuk Computer (for a 15" notebook); it is also a nice bag as well. Since I don't take a 15" notebook out, I don't have an opportunity to use that bag so far.