Splinter Cell 4 Wii Screens

Discussion in 'Games' started by MRU, Sep 11, 2006.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So the wii has some real power - albeit at lower res :)

This looks great (though i'll be getting the 360 version), enjoy the wii screens.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Sweet. Thanks for the pics MRU. I've been a fan of the splinter cell series ever since it came out. I had to wait for the cube version, but I almost would have bought an XBox for SC alone. It's good to know that Ubi fully intends to support the Wii, and the game looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

I assume that there will be a 480p option for this one as well (Chaos Theory was the only one on the cube to support 480p, I believe).

3. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

These are a lot better than I expected actually. I'd like to see it in motion with the wii controller though.

4. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I haven't played Spinter Cell but i've always thought it looked neat, and i agree those graphics are pretty impressive for the little ol' Wii :)

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

I thought the same hence my posting here. really surprised me.

6. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Looks pretty good to me - and unlike the PCs/Mac experience at least you know when you buy the game it will have the horsepower to play at a consistent framerate.

I'd wonder about the control scheme though, the Splinter Cell gameplay (in particular, the player movement) doesn't seem as suited to the Wii controls as some other game types.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

can't really fault them. just like what I've seen from the 360 version but lower res which is what devs have been saying all along.

Dunno if I'll get this. I've tried various SC games but never really got pulled into them. we'll see.

8. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Jimmi - I've seen movies of Double Agent on the 360, and it definitely looks better - the Wii version, however, still looks quite good for being supposedly so much less powerful than the 360 and PC.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Could be, I haven't seen any videos of this in motion. and all the images I could bring up were sketches/WIP shots. Just if someone posted them pics and nothing else I would have believed them to be 360 shots.

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I have to say..wow..this is a welcome bit of news!!

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I know, there's been so much negativity towards the Wii. ;)

edit: Just realised something. Look at the AA in those pics! I knew it. I knew the Wii would compensate by having bucket loads of AA.