Splinter Cell 4

Discussion in 'Games' started by jdechko, Dec 16, 2005.

1. jdechko macrumors 68040

Hey to all the Sam Fisher fans out there. Just wondering if any of you have seen the Teaser Trailer over at Gamespy for SplinterCell: Double Agent (SC4). It looks like its going to be an awesome game: Maybe Splinter Cell + 24 + a little bit of Max Payne thrown into the mix (it looks like a really dark game).

http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/736/736165/vids_1.html

What do you guys think?

2. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Nifty! I was late into the Splinter Cell games, starting with the last one, but I really liked it. My friend and I played it in co-op mode, which is a lot of fun.

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

looks nice....boy they r sure spitting out those splinter cell games but i dont mind cuz they are cool.

Bless

4. jdechko thread starter macrumors 68040

Well, Chaos Theory (SC3) was released on March 29, and Double Agent will be released some time in Q1 of 2006. So it could be as early as 10 months which is not that short of a time period. Anyway, there was some speculation that 2 different development teams were working on the games (between Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow, which was my least favorite). That allows the company to release new games on a shorter timeframe (similar to Apple with OS X).

I remember when the first one came out for the XBox. I was so jealous for a few months until it was finally ported to the gamecube.

This one should be out for all 4 or 5 systems (not sure if it will be XBox and 360 or just 360), though, as Ubi seems to have the releases coordinated better across the platforms.

One thing I was shocked about, and hope that they remove from the game is the (bad) language. I can ignore it, but having it there is not something that I care for.

5. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

It's nice that Michael Ironside is getting work. :D

6. jdechko thread starter macrumors 68040

And Dennis Haysbert. Glad to see that he's keeping busy between the games, the Allstate commercials and being called back to the set of "24".

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

thats allstate stan....is it in your hands...lol:D

Bless

8. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

i think that if the game makes half a step foward from last game it will be amazing. the trailer is useless, and shows nothing of value. what i would really like for this next game is for them to really run with the co-op missions from chaos theory. There is nothing better than using ur teamate as a catapult to take down an enemy across the room.

9. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I'm sure you can't be a badass spy without the occasional cuss words :)

jon

10. crachoar macrumors 6502a

You don't have a problem with shooting people in the face, snapping their necks or stabbing them with knives...

But 'naughty words' - look out!

You're buying an M Rated game. An M Rated game where the objective (most of the time) is to kill people. What's so shocking about 'bad words'? Furthermore - why does a word offend you?

I'll never understand that...

11. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Just imagine (assuming you've played the game), "Gosh Darnit Fisher, this mission is over!"

Simply just not possible. Personally I would prefer more vulgar language, makes it all the more fun for me.

jon

12. jdechko thread starter macrumors 68040

About the language you all are correct. It does fit with the whole genre. Sorry. I guess what really has bothered me aren't the 4-letter words that are used at all. Those are really easy for me to ignore. It's really just the "gosh-darnits" that get to me. If it were just "darnit" that would be acceptable to me.

I said that I was shocked about the language because as far as I remember, it wasn't in the first 2 games.

As far as the ratings are concerned, well, I guess thats were the rating system in the US is lacking. It says its rated M, but doesn't describe why.

13. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Gosh Darnit jdechko, I have no idea what youre compaining about!:cool: