Splinter Cell Double Agent on a MBP?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kingsly, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Kingsly macrumors 68040

I just installed it on my brand new 2.16 MBP, 2GB RAM and it is painfully slow, even with all the GFX options turned down to minimum (making the GFX look actually WORSE than Splinter Cell 1! :eek: )

I don't understand. The little SCDA installer thingy scanned my computer and gave me the green light on all of my hardware. The only thing that was below "recommended" was VRAM, but it still meets the minimum requirements. I would imagine when they post minimum requirements that they mean the requirements at which the game is at least PLAYABLE! :mad:

Thus, I have a feeling that perhaps there is a bug? It is reacting the same way (slow-mo, skip-y) as the SCCT demo, though the full game runs like butter... :eek: :confused:

Thoughts? Ideas?
  2. Nym macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2006
    Porto, Portugal
    A while ago I created a thread stating the exact same problem :) anyway, the thing is splinter cell DA doesn't like multiple cores processors so you have to start the game, ctrl + alt + del to hide the game window and into Windows Task Manager, go into processes, select the splinter cell process and right click, look for an option there that disables one of the processors cores. The bad news are, the game will still run a bit slow due to the fact that you're using just one core to run it, the second downside is that everytime you run the game you will have to do this (disable 2nd core) all over again. I found the game unplayable even in low settings so I sold it and I'm now playing the PS2 version (which I'm loving it).

If you want check my original thread and good luck, eheh.

3. jdechko macrumors 68040

Jul 1, 2004
    I'm just pissed that there's no Shader 2.0 support (That and R6 Vegas). It's 3.0 or nothing. I mean, I'm gonna end up playing it on the Wii anyway, but my work computer is a pretty fast computer... I know the GPU isn't top of the line but its an X850 XT, so it's not like it's crap either.
  4. Kingsly thread starter macrumors 68040

Thank you sooo much! Worked like a charm! Wowowowowoooo! :D

(Good thing ubisoft prints on the system reqs.: Optimized for use in dual processor machines :rolleyes: )