Splinter Cell for Mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Wes, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

"An astute IMG forum reader has found a web page on CompUSA's web site with details on a Mac version of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell. According to the web page, the title will be published by Aspyr Media and will be available "soon." The only other information given is a description of the game?

Could this be a blunder on CompUSA's part or did they post something they weren't supposed to? Only time will tell. "

From IMG

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=303360&pfp=SEARCH

2. couch potato macrumors regular

well.....if it does come to mac that will be cool:D had the demo for PC and this game rocks, although the system requirments are pretty steep (unless you got a nice G4 or a G5):( :rolleyes:

3. jzieske macrumors regular

I have played this games on both XBox and PC and if you like the PC version the XBxo version is many times better. I have not heard of mac plans yet. However, If you have got $150.00 or so buy an XBox. Yeah yeah I know it is Microsoft but it is good.

4. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

that would be awesome. ill be able to tell you if its true soon. i ahve noticed aspyr puts out their ads in almost every pc gamer ive ever recieved. even before they talk about it on their site. all i know is that the xbox is gonna play this game much better than most macs, unless you had the latest g4 or g5. it is a very fun game and will be a great addition to mac game library. it plays wonderfully on a computer, much better than the xbox if you have a high end game machine. lets hope this is true.

iJon

5. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

6. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

i hope it does come out... i heard it was't as "good" on the PC as the xbox from my friend. but maybe the mac will be able to be "good"

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

its way better on the pc, if you have a good pc. thats the good thing about the xbox, it is a pc, and since games are optimized to the fullest for it, it performs extremely well. i had a 2ghz p4, 512 ram, 128mb gf4 ti4400 audigy drive with eax and the game was far far better than the xbox version. lighting and shawdows were much more in depth, and with 5.1 speakers around you its awesome. im just still made how they ripped off gamecube, xbox, and pc users with not including the new levels that the ps2 had.

iJon