Splinter Cell... How much longer!?

Discussion in 'Games' started by neonart, Sep 29, 2004.

1. neonart macrumors 65816

neonart

I've been waiting for splinter cell on the Mac for ages! Aspyr keeps pushing it off, and there is no real release date still (I don't think).

By the time they release Splinter Cell on the Mac, part 4 will be out on other platforms. I know this game may be hard to port as it uses shadows and light alot, but come on, put some people to work on it!

Anyone have any insight as to the delay of this long awaited Mac game?

2. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

3. neonart thread starter macrumors 65816

neonart

Right under my nose huh? Thats great news though! I guess I'll pick it up as soon as my local Micro Center gets it!

4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

The funny thing is Splinter Cell 3 has announced. Heh. But I'll probaly pick it up. And possibly Splinter Cell 2 for my cube.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's just sadly amusing but sequels come out far too quickly. I suppose it has a lot to do with all those pre-owned games I see at the stores.

6. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I know. I haven't even goten a chance to get into Splinter Cell yet and already 3 will be out soon. Hasn't it only been about a year and half since 1?

7. benpatient macrumors 68000

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Someone was recommending the original to me around May of 2003.

There have been plenty of others I've wanted but, even though certain games aren't ported, there are too many available for my money. ;) I'm just glad I never got hooked on NeverWinter Nights since it's still selling at full price, even though it was available something like a year after the Windows version and 6 months after it was supposed to be available.

9. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

I hardly know anything about The Never Winter Nights series. Doesn't intrest me. But there are so many good games coming out or already out. Here are the games I want: Star Wars KOTOR, Splinter Cell, MOH Spearhead, CoD: United offensive, Halo 2 and I'm sure there are more. Of course CoD: United Offensive and Halo 2 are must haves.

10. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They all look good and I like first person shooters, but I really don't care for anything that real. It makes me feel guilty, for some reason. UT2004 is good for me right now. I've been checking the x86 games shelves for something interesting, but I haven't seen anything lately.

11. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Those two and America's Army, etc. I think they're great but they're not for me.

13. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Americas Army is OKAY. I mean for a freeware game it's incredible but I think I'm spoiled from MOH and CoD.

14. Mobility macrumors newbie

15. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a