Splinter cell on Wii anyone?

Discussion in 'Games' started by smitty330, Dec 31, 2006.

1. smitty330 macrumors member

smitty330

I bought splinter cell for my Wii... AND I LOVE IT. You use the Wii-mote to aim change camera angles and the buttons obviously to shoot and knock people out. I wont spoil the plot or anything, but it is much different than past Splinter Cells. I would recomend it to anyone looking for a really good first person shooter. Oh oh and it has a two player mode. The full title is Splinter Cell: Dual Strike so the two player mode you help each other out and work together it is really sweet!!! Any who have fun playing and Happy New Year.

-Matthew

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

You're talking about Splinter Cell: Double Agent, right?

Sounds fun!

3. Kevin83165 macrumors regular

Thanks, now I am torn wether to buy this for the 360 or the Wii. Best Buy has it for the 360 for $40 but I am in pursuit of Wii games that are fun as well. I hated COD3 on the Wii because of the controls

4. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

ahhhhhhhhhh i want a wiiiiiiiiiii + splinter cell

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

GameSpot's review of Splinter Cell: Double Agent for Wii seems very negative...

6. smitty330 thread starter macrumors member

smitty330

I dunno about gamespot, but Ign who usually gives games not the greatest review gave Splinter cell: Double Agent A pretty good review. http://wii.ign.com/objects/852/852866.html

7. smitty330 thread starter macrumors member

smitty330

Yea i didnt like COD3 either, I do like Splinter Cell though. The controls are pretty good, the only thing that kind of bothers me is when you want to go flat up against a wall you turn the nunchuk one direction and sometimes it doesnt work or does it like 3 or 4 times. But, other than that I love it!

-Matthew

8. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Um...no they didn't?

The IGN Rating is NR, Not Rated. There is no review.

They gave the XBox 360 version a good review, but there is no review of the Wii version yet.

GameSpot gave the XBox 360 one a good review and the Wii one a bad one.

9. smitty330 thread starter macrumors member

smitty330

Oops!!! ha ha I am sorry i posted that wrong, well I still dig it!

10. mwsh2000 macrumors newbie

I have it. I found that the controls were a little difficult to get used to at first, but now I prefer them. I also got Splinter Cell : Chaos Theory for the Gamecube (hey, it was only $15) and I found the old control scheme to be less intuitive. This is strange because I'd played the first two Splinter Cell games on the Cube, and I loved the controls. The Wii version, while having a slight learning curve, does seem to be superior. I haven't played very far through though, as I'm still working on Zelda, and I can only play Splinter Cell when the kids are sleeping. I'd recommend it, but since I've never played the XBox version, I guess I don't know what I'm missing. They're all still great games, and I love playing them.