Split "Games" forum into "Mac Gaming" and "Console Gaming" sections?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by phidauex, Mar 24, 2007.

1. phidauex macrumors member

Hi,

I just wanted to throw this out there, but would it be helpful to split the "Games" section into a section about gaming on a Mac, and a section on consoles? It seems like they are two very different topics, and unfortunately, despite the fact that this is a Mac forum, nearly every post is about consoles.

It makes it hard to ask questions or find answers about gaming on a Mac, since after one day, your mac gaming question is pushed to the second page with posts about the Wii or PS3s or whatever.

Since this is a Mac forum, I hoped it would be easier to discuss topics that actually relate to macs. I wouldn't object to keeping a space for the console discussions, but it would be helpful to let people who game on their mac have a space to talk, too. :)

Thanks,
    Sam

2. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

There's so little happening in mac gaming is it really worth it? :eek:

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Rather than two forums, perhaps there should be a sub-forum for Mac Games, like the Politics section is to the community section. I agree with this, because if I have anything to ask about Mac games my post gets tossed to the bottom because most people talk about console games.

4. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

This will be a good idea. 3 sub-forums for gaming.
    Mac Games
    Windows Games
    Console Games

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

We don't need more sections...we need less on the main page IMO

I don't think Windows gaming should have it own forum....either talk about it under "games" or the 1 windows forum. This is a Mac/Apple forum...not Windows, although I do understand the need for 1 Window forum withit being able to run on Mac hardware, still its not a "huge" part of Apple.

I say keep it all as one...and this has been talked about, and nothing has been done because its fine.

6. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I say Mac Gaming with sub-topic Console Gaming, because we're supposed to be more about Mac than Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft.

But a big THUMBS UP either way this goes!! :)

7. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i think this section should stay as just a general gaming area, and we shouldn't split it up. then one part might get alot of use and another wouldn't get any. i think its fine the way it is.

8. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Yes, although a "Mac Gaming" sub-forum might be a bit confusing given that Bootcamp gaming can now be considered gaming on a Mac.

9. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

To me, this option is the most logical.

10. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

I've been thinking such a split would be a good idea for some time.

No need to create a windows games sub-forum, though. Where would you put a post about a windows game played though Boot Camp? Console sub-forum only.