[split] - Poor choice of words/Holocaust

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mdickson, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdickson macrumors regular

I stopped reading here.

2. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

I couldn't think of anything else to articulate the horrible noise :D No offense to anyone my apologies if you got offended.

3. seabass069 macrumors regular

Comparing a noise fan on a laptop vs. the inhumane acts of cruelty and racists violence of Hitler is **cked up.

This forum is not a place to vent your racism and expressing your **cked up mind.

4. mdickson thread starter macrumors regular

Who wouldn't be offended? It's a horrible thing to say.

5. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

6. Subiklim macrumors 6502

I'm not sure that's racist, but it certianly was not a well chosen comparison.

7. Subiklim macrumors 6502

also, using a -:D- to explain yourself was not very diplomatic.

8. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

It's removed. I didn't imagine it would be so sensitive. Sorry again

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Overreaction seems like an excellent avenue to a solution.

10. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Bad news....you said something you shouldn't have said on a public chat forum....or in your mind or anywhere....

11. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

wow. how dare you compare the pain of my people being brutally murdered by the most evil creature on earth to your silly computer.

Never Forget [​IMG]6,000,000

12. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

how about trying to call that an overreaction if half of your family tree was wiped out during the holocaust.

13. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I agree :( What a horrible analogy! :mad:

14. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I think we all agree it was poorly chosen phrasing on his part. That's not even in question.

So your righteous indignation does what?

Leave it be and this thread will vanish to the bottom of the boards in its own time.

15. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

You're kidding, right?!

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Usually.

17. Subiklim macrumors 6502

Many people don't understand the extent of what Hitler did. My uncle a few years ago had made a family tree and seeing most of the branches stop dead (no pun intended) in the 40s was just chilling.

Just as 9/11 will vanish from peoples mind (though a smaller scale), in fact it already has. Lots of people have short-term memories.

18. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Same thing with my family :( OT I know but this thread has really set me off

19. YEMandy macrumors member

Well this thread probably didn't turn out the way you expected...

20. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

on a slightly brighter note, i assume this means you're Jewish? I really didn't know that there were many of us down under. that's cool. are there many synagogues in Australia?

21. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

God, I made a thread about my MacBook because I was sorely disappointed in Apple. I didn't Imagine it would get so sensitive. I am a very lax person and we make racist jokes all the time in college, among friends or just in general. I have nothing against Jews or any other race of people. I acknowledged my mistake and apologized. You guys don't have to turn it into some fanatical religious history discussion. I made a crude comparision, didn't know people here couldn't take a joke, because I get racist comments all the time and give them out as well among my offline friends and comminuty and it's all in good fun. And don't say "so the pain of 6,000,000 of my people is a joke to you!?" No it's not. But I used it in a humorous context as I have been using among friends, many of whom are Jewish might I add, because I didn't think it would get so serious, because it never has before.

So that's it. I made a crude joke, I acknowledged my mistake and apologized, let it go please. This was supposed to be a thread about my MacBook and how horrible Apple quality control is.

I am sorry I didn't realize the sensitivity of my statement. Please forgive and forget.

Amen.

22. ieani macrumors 6502a

ieani

Ive never bought a DOA of anything. Its amazing to me though how some people are struck with such bad luck sometimes. I bought an early Macbook Pro and dont even have any whining.

23. iGary Guest

iGary

That solves everything.

24. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

If only that were true...

25. seabass069 macrumors regular

Sulhag, I accept your appology. Not everyone here is from this country or in college. We all have different choices of religions and other beliefs. Part of our problem in this country is that we still make racist jokes to our friends. I think by now we all should have learned is that what one perceives as a joke to others it is a form of hate. Remember that please!

Dark, no I will never get over a joke about the holocast. Don't ever tell anyone to get over a jewish joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.