Split Soundsticks Between Mac & PC?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macgalTO, Feb 27, 2006.

1. macgalTO macrumors newbie

Hey All,

I just bought some Soundsticks II and I have them hooked up to my iMac G4. Loving them!

However, my boyfriend also loves 'em, and he was wondering if we could have them simultaneously hooked up to my Mac and his PC, which sit beside each other on our gigantic desk in the home office.

Are there USB splitters? Would that even work?

Any tips would be appreciated. Or just a "No, that's impossible" would put my mind at rest ;) Thank!

2. Soisauce001 macrumors newbie

Soisauce001

I'm not too sure how Soundsticks connect to computers but I think it's really possible.. I have a speaker system with 5 satallites and a subwoofer.. My PC and my laptop are sharing the system.. I did this buy going to Radio shack and buying a couple audio jack splitters.. Ummm you asked about a USB splitter.. they do exsist but I'm not sure if they'll work...

3. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

Yeah, definitely go to radio shack and tell them that you one have one speaker system you want to split between two computers and then they'll help you out.

radioshack has EVERYTHING.

4. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Am I correct in remembering that Soundsticks do not connect with a normal 1/8" stereo connector? I believe that its only USB. The Radio Shack idea won't work if that's the case.

I think to do this you'd need to send the PC's audio output to the line input of the Mac and connect the Soundsticks to the Mac.