splitting up the post count

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by iPhil, Mar 22, 2006.

1. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Is there any way to show the regular post count and Politics etc thread count in user's profile ??:confused: :confused: :eek:

2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

3. iPhil thread starter macrumors 68040

iPhil

any way to post count per user in politics after the 100 post is reached ??

I know those types of posts doesn't count toward your post total but i'd like an easy way to keep track of those posts for me e.g. 500+ total but politics is like 20+ or so :eek: :eek:

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's a bit of work, but if you go into Advanced Search, you can limit the search to the politics forum, search for your member name, and display the results as posts. You have 12 posts in the Politics Forum.

5. iPhil thread starter macrumors 68040

iPhil

any way to display that info in the space (pic); instead of the search way?:confused: :confused:

Attached Files:

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Almost certainly not. vBulletin pros around here can give you a better answer.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

There is a reason post counts don't count in the Political threads and I see no reason why they should be tracked separately. Personally I stay away from that area, nothing good ever comes out of there.

8. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Technically it could be done with code modifications...but we don't care about postcounts here now do we. :p

I think a more telling value is how many posts you have in the wasteland. I'm sitting on 85 at the moment. :D

9. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

But none of them are your threads, so it's all good. :D I've got eight posts Wastelanded...mostly pointing out reposts.

10. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Come to think of it, 61 of my 85 were in the epic thread "who is edesignuk really?"

http://forums.macrumors.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=102882

Was starting to get worried about what sort of riffraff I was mixing up with. :p