Spoiler Free link to QuickTime Stream?

Discussion in 'Event Archives' started by katanna, Jan 5, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502

katanna

Hey guys,

I want to watch the QuickTime stream "fresh," without knowing anything going in. This has worked OK in the past, but I always get a little spoiled before I watch the show (MacBook Pro, new Shuffle). Is there a link (webpage, e-mail, RSS) that I can simply get the notice once the QuickTime stream is up, and what the link is? In the past, I have watched:
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/
    but they don't always update that page right away (I have watched that page for more than a day before while the link was up).
    I guess I could use the current numbering system and set my home page to:
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf07/
    (my home page is currently apple.com).

Any ideas? Thanks for the input.

Matthew

2. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I would just keep checking that second URL to see if it's been posted. Possibly have an occasional look at the first URL just in case they decide to change their directory structure, but I highly doubt they would at this point.

3. Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

There is also no guarantee that the link will be active during the keynote (aka live) . I made the mistake of Digging WWDC 2006's QT link. It got to the front page, but it wasn't live..

I was :eek:

4. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Oh, no...I don't think much of anyone expects there to be live coverage. They did away with that some time ago. But the QT archived video should be up within a few hours after the keynote ends.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

katanna

Right... I am talking about the "archive" video that they host after the event... I SO miss the live feeds (I remember when they canceled them)!!!

The reason for the post here was in hopes that there would be others like me... enough to warrant a page, link, RSS, e-mail, something of the sort. Guess not. No biggie.

Matthew

6. macrumors 68000

Aniej

isn't there perhaps an easier solution to this? Why don't we either talk to one of the moderators on here or someone who doesn't mind can go onto apple's website and the direct link to the feed when it is up.

7. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

we can set this up...

stay tuned.

arn

8. macrumors 68000

Aniej

And there you go!

9. macrumors 6502

Thanks arn - you're a star! :)

Uber x

10. Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Cool i prefer to see the introduction gives it the wow factor rather than the mild excitment of reading the keynote.

11. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

12. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Feel it people. A million geeks, all achieving orgasm at the same time. It's such a thing of beauty. :)

13. macrumors 65816

Clive At Five

Yes, please spare me the agony of finding out about Apple's products the moment they are announced!

Honestly, I don't think I'd be able to last a minute beyond the keynote without knowing what was new from Apple. Props to you for will power.

-Clive

14. macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

it would be great if apple would put up a video feed of the keynote live.

if not that, put it in the local apple stores.

15. macrumors 68020

Willis

Ah yes! Everytime I want to watch a Keynote, its usually spoiled by the fact the homepage on Apple.com is promoting the new products.... sort of ruins it really.

Arn... you're a true legend.

16. macrumors 68000

Aniej

wildcowboy and I will go post on the apple site suggesting this idea, perhaps steve will then follow our idea 9 minutes latter and ubermac can thank him for it;)

17. macrumors member

You guys are the coolest. Thanks for all your hard work.

18. macrumors 6502

It's awesome not having spoilers. I think I'll watch the keynote oldschool this year.

19. macrumors 68000

Aniej

and old school would mean what on an apple II with 3D glasses?

20. macrumors regular

What an awesome idea. Show up to your local Apple Store to watch the keynote and buy the product(s) that are available that day as soon as Steve says, "See you again soon."

21. macrumors 6502a

Thank You!!! I always want to do this! Also, this year I have an appointment right in the middle of the keynote! You guys rock! IMO, this is The Best way to discover the new products, the way it was meant to be.

22. macrumors 65816

Clive At Five

Doesn't anyone remember that this used to be the case? Right in the beginning, there was a live video feed to all the Apple stores... I went to two of them, both at the Mall of America store (and both times sat next to some very quirky Mac users... y'know... the regular type). Then one year, I went and it wasn't on. I was pissed. Then I learned Apple wasn't doing that because it was too expensive or something.

Seeing the floor traffic of those places, I don't see how it couldn't be lucrative to get passers-by excited about fresh products...

Whatever, I guess.

-Clive

23. macrumors member

Why did Apple do away with live feeds of the event? That seems like a good idea. What are they trying to avoid?

24. macrumors regular

The agony.

3 days, 19 hours, 45 minutes left.

25. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

Awesome idea, this will be a cool way to discover new products! Ahh...