spoiler free updates for next monday's keynote?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by bkvideography, Jun 6, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Apr 18, 2007
    do any of the admins know if there will be a link to the quicktime vid just like the last keynote that doesn't give away any of what happened?
  2. macrumors 6502

Jan 5, 2005
    That would be great! Perhaps you (an admin) could update the post above with a link once the time is nigh. Then...we can just link to that single post and not worry about any adverts or spoilers...like last time :p

3. macrumors member

Apr 26, 2005
    I've seen this done in the past for other keynote videos - it's a really awesome way to find out about the new announcements, and I hope they'll do it this time. I watched the entire iphone announcement without reading a single news site talking about the phone. Seeing the multitouch interface demonstrated without reading descriptions first was freakin sweet!

Please, please, give us a spoiler-free article with a link to the video, that we can bookmark in advance and will be updated when the video is posted.
  4. macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2006
    That would be great! I think that it goes on through my school day so when I get back I want to watch the full video without seeing anything before hand.
  5. arn
    macrumors god

Staff Member

Apr 9, 2001
  6. macrumors 6502

Jul 29, 2006
  7. macrumors 68040

Apr 2, 2005
    I don't think I'll be able to resist waiting for the stream...what year do you think a live stream will be possible?
  8. macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2002
    Bruges, Belgium
    Great service, thank you very much. Its really hard to do but i always try to keep away from the whole internet on days like that and watch the stream, a much much better experience that way.

I'm extra excited this time because there is a real chance that osX will make it to the PC, this is 'le moment suprème'. :)
  9. macrumors 68000

May 26, 2006
    Gainesville, FL
    I almost signed up for this. Then I realized I'll not only be there, but I'll be the one providing the spoilers :p

No, there isn't. I think Steve has been pretty clear on this being exaclty the opposite of their philosophy. He spent 5 minutes or so reinforcing this point at MWSF.
  10. macrumors 6502

May 6, 2007
  11. macrumors regular

Apr 25, 2001
    Montreal, Canada
    My friend those years have come and gone... Back in 2000, we used to get live streams of both Macworld keynotes, and I even used to go to Apple's corporate offices here in Montreal, where it was broadcast via satellite. They even had free food for all of us...
  12. macrumors 6502a

Nov 24, 2005
    The spoiler-free version during macworld in January failed completely. While going to the page, just above it in that black line of "updates" I could see "Apple announces the iPhone". That was spoiler-full :) I warned that this might be a problem before the keynote, but was assured that the page is totaly static, which of course was not the case.

If possible, please make the page completely static this time, i.e. with no third-party dynamic frames like that from Amazon, or that line of "latest news" at the top.

Thanks! :)
  13. macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2002
    Bruges, Belgium
    In MWSF 1995? In his interview with Bill he clearly stated that the Mac (and iPod and iPhone) is a beautiful box with superior software and that Apple is mainly a software company (mentioned it 3 times). Man, i want my name on the front page if osX is OEM'ed. :)

Well anyway, its as close as we'll ever get so i'm excited, and if Apple doesn't open up osX for PC's then i'm very interested in how they will technically lock the OS to prevent us installing it on homebrew PC's.
  14. macrumors newbie

Jun 4, 2002
    I just wanted to express thanks (along with many others) for informing and considering those of us who (sometimes) prefer spoiler-free updates when it comes to the keynotes. I think it's great, even though on rare occassions I've been known to peek. Thanks.
  15. macrumors regular

Jan 6, 2007
    Manchester, UK
    I can understand them not streaming it, but I don't know why Apple don't just stick it on itunes the moment it's available. The stream is generally unusable for a day or so, and it does spoil the enjoyment of it somewhat.

A downloaded version, which you could enjoy on your :apple: TV would make great evening viewing with some popcorn and a beer (yes, I really am that sad!).

Heck, I'd even pay for it!
  16. macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Sep 7, 2006
    As others have said, this would be really cool- but let's make sure there are no spoilers like at the MacWorld attempt :)

I'm in.
  17. macrumors 603

Feb 2, 2007
    51.50024, -0.12662
    thanks for this! exactly how i wanted to do it! cheers!
  18. macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2002
    Bruges, Belgium
    Your not alone, i can tell you that. :apple: TV version would be great. :)
  19. macrumors 65816

Aug 10, 2006
    I myself love spoilers. I also love having the itunes/podcast videos of past events with keynotes by SJ. I have a nice little collection that I look at from time-to-time. I would think that having an appleTV would shine in these cases but alass I can't get one because I'm saving for Sony BR 300 which will be @ $500 this month. Can't wait to make use of my HDTV, finally. I already purchased Planet Earth series from BBC as my first BR buy.
  20. macrumors 6502a

May 10, 2005
    No, it has been addressed quite recently. There is no way that Apple will cannibalize their hardware sales to make $10 on the sale of OS X just so they can spend $15 paying their support staff to handle all the extra work.

As to your second paragraph, they have had an intel version for 1.5 years now and you still don't see many hackintoshes. The generic driver support is so poor that many people can't get various hardware devices to run (LAN, sound, etc...) on their existing equipment and just give up or don't do it. DRM never works, but make your product hard to use on other hardware and most will never try.
  21. macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I was thinking about this the other night when I was watching the D5 Jobs and Gates interview on my AppleTV. I'm trying to decide if I want to avoid the live updates or not. Usually I follow the live updates, but this year I'll have to work, and while I can probably catch most of it on my lunch break, it might be fun to just wait until after work and watch it without knowing anything...
  22. macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2001

23. macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2005
    Washington DC
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, 500 GB 99 dollar true video iPods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You heard it from me first!
  24. macrumors 68030

Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    I'll be watching the keynote before doing any reading on Monday. :) I did this for MacWorld and last year's WWDC. It makes the experience that much better.

Edit: By the way, here is the link to the Apple Events page:

The stream should show up on the left where the WWDC graphic is now.
  25. macrumors P6

Jun 4, 2003
    Looking forward once again to MacRumors' live coverage. It's been excellent in the past and I'm sure it will be just as good this time around. Thanks in advance Mods and Gods. :cool: