Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
so i know theyd only be rumors but are there gonna be any upgrades to the ipod or free leopard upgrade passes announced at wwdc? Thanks

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
so i know theyd only be rumors but are there gonna be any upgrades to the ipod or free leopard upgrade passes announced at wwdc? Thanks

Your guess is as good as anyone's! :D No specific rumors to this affect have surfaced that I'm aware of, but again, anything can happen. Don't worry, all will be revealed in a week. ;) :cool:

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I'll be watching the keynote before doing any reading on Monday. :) I did this for MacWorld and last year's WWDC. It makes the experience that much better.

Edit: By the way, here is the link to the Apple Events page:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/guide/appleevents/

The stream should show up on the left where the WWDC graphic is now.

Of note the Apple Events page had spoilers on it last time... so it might not be a safe page to visit.

Also, for those sticking around for our coverage... we're hoping it'll be better than ever.

arn

Retired
May 16, 2006
Of note the Apple Events page had spoilers on it last time... so it might not be a safe page to visit.

Also, for those sticking around for our coverage... we're hoping it'll be better than ever.

arn

Will the photo's be bigger? (this is one reason why I also have Engadget open on another window)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003

There's no other place I'll be next Monday, so I'm looking forward to it. The last keynote coverage was great and I'm sure this one will be even better. Again, thanks in advance arn and crew. :cool:

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
well do you think there going to announce a new ipod , or am i safe in getting it with my mbp tonight?

ajhill

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2007
Looking forward to the secret features

Okay, game over, Steve Jobs and the iPhone are a lock for the cover of Time magazine in December for Man of the Year.

The question is, just what "secret features" will we find out about on Monday from the WWDC conference?

I get the feeling a lot of people will be talking about the "Vista Killer" OS next week.

Bring on the iPod killers, bring on the iPhone killers, bring on the Leopard killers, ooops the next version of Windows won't be out for another 5 or 6 years...

Al

Maccus Aurelius

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
well do you think there going to announce a new ipod , or am i safe in getting it with my mbp tonight?

The iPod's free, so you're safe anyway. :D

Oooh good I haven't seen a keynote in a while. They're always fun to watch. Imagine that beefy Mac Minis were suddenly rolled out. Engadget and Gizmodo would implode.

I'm pretty glad that Apple has proceeded to hush those that claim that they're short changing their macs. Hopefully this keynote will stick it to 'em again. :p

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
i know but im getting the 80 gig so its gonna cost me a little, and if the new ones come out then those are also discounted. I dunno i could wait till monday, but i already had been planning to go tonight for about 3 days.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

psychofreak said:

arn

Will the photo's be bigger? (this is one reason why I also have Engadget open on another window)

bigger photos , "continuous" ajax feed , better transcriptions

those are the goals

Maccus Aurelius

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
i know but im getting the 80 gig so its gonna cost me a little, and if the new ones come out then those are also discounted. I dunno i could wait till monday, but i already had been planning to go tonight for about 3 days.

Well, if it does make you pause for a bit, then you could always wait for monday. The deal will still be around by then. I'd say wait if it bugs you, it may pay off yet :)

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
The Keynote's on Monday now?

What happened to Mad Apple Tuesdays?!

Looking forward to it, anyhow :)

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
The Keynote's on Monday now?

What happened to Mad Apple Tuesdays?!

Looking forward to it, anyhow :)

The WWDC Keynote is and always has been on Monday. The Macworld Keynote is on Tuesday.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

Posting from IE on a Windows Mobile device??? That's just wrong, arn. ;)

xtqqtxxx

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2006

arn

Will you post the link to the stream when it comes out so we can copy it into Quicktime manually like you did for the last MacWorld keynote?
Maybe send the link to those who subscribed via e-mail.

By the way they put the MacWorld keynote on iTunes as a podcast. Hopefully they do it again. It was a little higher resolution I think.

EDIT: Link to MWSF 2006 Podcast

dernhelm

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2002
middle earth
My friend those years have come and gone... Back in 2000, we used to get live streams of both Macworld keynotes, and I even used to go to Apple's corporate offices here in Montreal, where it was broadcast via satellite. They even had free food for all of us...

Sounds cool. They used to do live Satellite feeds to the Apple stores as well. Have those stopped too? I don't see why they wouldn't want to continue that. I bet they get more than a few impulse buys if they trotted out the new merchandise immediately after showing the keynote.

Bonte

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2002
Bruges, Belgium
No, it has been addressed quite recently. There is no way that Apple will cannibalize their hardware sales to make $10 on the sale of OS X just so they can spend $15 paying their support staff to handle all the extra work.

Dell is paying $50 for Windows and does the support, not MS. Its not that bad.

As to your second paragraph, they have had an intel version for 1.5 years now and you still don't see many hackintoshes. The generic driver support is so poor that many people can't get various hardware devices to run (LAN, sound, etc...) on their existing equipment and just give up or don't do it. DRM never works, but make your product hard to use on other hardware and most will never try.

Agreed, they don't need DRM just crappy drivers. Dell already has a laptop that can use the Mac Mini disks because its so similar to it, Apple hardware isn't that special anymore. A beautiful box but with extraordinary software, Steve's words.

It can go both ways, we'll have to wait.

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
nah, it's a Palm OS based Treo. I guess the software identifies it wrong.

arn

Or the browser's pretending to be IE for compatibility. I should have thought of that. :)

Sounds cool. They used to do live Satellite feeds to the Apple stores as well. Have those stopped too? I don't see why they wouldn't want to continue that. I bet they get more than a few impulse buys if they trotted out the new merchandise immediately after showing the keynote.

Yeah, I miss those. Unfortunately they are removing the theaters from more and more stores, so it's unlikely they'll ever resume that practice. Shame. I always enjoyed going to the store for the keynote broadcast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.