Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sravana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Texas
Hello all,
I'm running iTunes 9 on a fully updated Leopard white iMac, and am running OS 3.1.1 on my iPod Touch 2G. I have tried and tried, but cannot get a playlist of spoken word AAC files to sync. I've tried everything, short of downgrading to iTunes 8.whatever... I never had this problem with iTunes 8, but I did upgrade to 9 before I upgraded from OS2.2.1 to 3.1.1 on the Touch.

I can sync a *music* playlist of AAC files with no problem. I ripped all these files from CDs that I own. The only difference I see is that the music files are encoded with iTunes 8.2/Quicktime 7.6.2 - 256 bit rate, where the spoken word files are encoded iTunes 8.0.1/QT7.5.5 - 128 bit rate.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

sravana

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2008
Texas
I've also noticed that playback in iTunes is way softer than it used to be after upgrading. Solutions?

RealityFlirt

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2009
Revert to iTunes 8 corrected problem

I uninstalled iTunes 9 and re-installed 8 from this site
http://www.oldversion.com/iTunes.html
The previous upgrade affected iTunes Library.itl
There may have been some clever way to recover it but I ended up having to delete it manually before re-installing iTunes 8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.