Spooks series 5 (contains spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

SO! Did anyone just watch that? I couldn't stand waiting the extra day for episode 2 so I watched it on BBC3 :D So for now lets talk about episode 1...

How amazing was that? I always get this with Spooks. It was so dark when Colin was killed. Very emotional, very very sad. I got my hopes up by imagining his captors to letting him free, the whole experience to use him as a mole for their side. But alas. He'll be sadly missed :(

I suppose this kick starts another series of Spooks. In general I'm so impressed with the quality of this whole show. Kudos, Kudos!

Anyone else catch it?

2. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Twas awesome :) I kinda stopped watching Spooks after series 3 because once they'd killed off all the good characters (Tom, Zoe etc) I found the storyline got really really boring and the new characters just couldn't even slightly match that of their predecessors.

Saying that, I watched tonights episode out of curiousity and it was fantastic! I stayed on to watch episode 2 on BBC3, and I'm goin to get Episode 3 tomorrow night on BBC3 also (Thank you BBC!! Not many places will give you 3 episodes in two days!)

If they keep this up, I'll keep watching for sure!

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

The way I see it Series 1 was "we can make something slick and nice", Series 2 pushed that much further. Then came 3, the weakest IMO. Then 4... :eek: absolutely my favourite TV series ever there. 4 was the top dog. 5 has started well!

I miss Tom, Zoe and Danny. Adam is certainly living up to Tom though, infact I think he's surpassed Tom. There was a great family connection that was played upon in Series 4, I really connected to Adam, unlike Tom.

I'll be there for Episode 3 tomorrow ;) hell if I'm waiting an extra week for that!

4. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Ive never watched it before tonight. Always something else to do when it was on before. But tonight I managed to watch both episodes, I enjoyed them both, and will definately be tuning in to the others

5. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Just remembered another cool thing about Spooks - They're in love with Macs... there's Cinema Displays everywhere, and tonight I swear they had an iMac kickin about too :cool:

6. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

yup! iMacs have been in it for a while. PowerBooks galore, always used by someone portrayed as rich or powerful (at least in UK TV). When the Prime Ministers kid walks in carrying one I shouted out "POWERBOOK!"