Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark_burnt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Evening,

Powerbook G4, running OS 10.3.3 which is heeps better. Networking drives finally work!!! Hurrah.

But, and this causes no problems other than it is starting to bug me, the little flag in the top right keeps changing on it's own. From UK to USA.

Now come on Apple, us Brits like our little stripes. I'm sure Mr Blair will add the stars soon enough.

Anyone else?

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
I don't use Special Characters, so I haven't been witness to that kind of behavior. Maybe turn it off, repair permissions, restart, and then try it again.

niallerc

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
mark_burnt said:
Evening,

Powerbook G4, running OS 10.3.3 which is heeps better. Networking drives finally work!!! Hurrah.

But, and this causes no problems other than it is starting to bug me, the little flag in the top right keeps changing on it's own. From UK to USA.

Now come on Apple, us Brits like our little stripes. I'm sure Mr Blair will add the stars soon enough.

Anyone else?

Mark

Click on the flag, open locations then uncheck the US option. Sorted.

mark_burnt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
niallerc said:
Mark

Click on the flag, open locations then uncheck the US option. Sorted.

Yep I could do that, but now it's getting kind of fun seeing when and why it happens.

BTW I just repaired permissions after installing 10.3.3, about 5 or 6 to fix.

Let's see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.