Spore on a MB or MBP?

Discussion in 'Games' started by darkpixie08, Sep 6, 2006.

1. darkpixie08 macrumors member

Sep 6, 2006
    What's the likelihood of Spore being able to play on a Macbook or Macbook Pro? Thoughts anyone? I've been going back and forth between buying a MB or an MBP and I've been looking forward to playing this game ever since I heard about it. Not that not being able to play it would dissuade me from buying a specific notebook, but I want to go in with reasonable expectations. Thanks!
  2. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    Highly likely. But lets wait till the game is released in 2007 before we decide fully eh ;) :)
  3. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    I'm also keeping an eye on spore and hope it will run on my iMac.

There hasn't been any official requirements revealed so everything we're going discussing will be pure speculation. That being said, let's start.

Here are the result of a poll on Sim City Central:

These are Windows requirements. Requirements tend to be higher on the Mac side.

Are you planning to run a OS X verion or the PC version in Boot Camp?

I'll try to dig up more precise info…
  4. darkpixie08 thread starter macrumors member

Sep 6, 2006
    This was posted as an educated guess as to what the specs would be:

Operating System: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
    Graphics: The bare minimum should
    be something like a ATI 9800.
    Processor (CPU): Probably anywhere from between
    a 2.00GHz Intel to a 2.5GHz Intel or AMD equivalent
    RAM (memory): We guess at 512mb being the minimum
    Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Space: 1GB

Here's the link:
  5. srobert macrumors 68020

Jan 7, 2002
    On a related note (I don't want to start a new spore thread), Spore has been comfirmed for the Wii and there is some hint that you'll be able to take your creatures on the road by linking to the DS. Interesting idea. They say anything about this but I can think of many interesting way they could make use of the "WiConnect24" function.

I think I'll buy both the PC (or 360) version (for nicer graphics) and the Wii version (for controller and on the road fun).