Spore Preload and Gametree Online

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Chaggi, Sep 6, 2008.

1. macrumors member

I just preordered Spore on Gametree Online (I guess this like Mac web download site) and was wondering if anyone else did the same?

Basically, I haven't gotten my DL link for Spore, and I'd like to know if they're gonna give the link now, or like, at 12:01?

Thanks

2. macrumors member

IDK bout what you guys may think, but that sight looks like a scam.

3. macrumors 6502

pianoplayer1

4. thread starter macrumors member

I honestly thought so too. Then I saw a lot of sites saying it's legit. So I got it from there.

5. macrumors 68020

kkat69

The site is most definitely legit. It's owned by Transgaming (as stated in the linked article) which are the makers of the CIDER port engine used for linux and mac games.

6. macrumors 6502

I did the same thing. You'll be getting the DL link Sunday "late morning" (no idea where they are based though).

Bought creature creator from them as well, no issues whatsoever.

7. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Direct2Drive has it listed as releasing at 12:01am PST.

But it also lists the PC version as releasing at 7:01am PST. :confused:

8. macrumors regular

i want my download already. ordered it last night around 11. now theres this message there that has me worried:

ATTENTION GAMERS: Delivery of SPORE for purchases made after midnight (GMT -5) on Saturday September 6th may be delayed by up to 72 hours. We will make best efforts to get digital distributions download e-mails to all purchasers as soon as is possible.

9. thread starter macrumors member

omg I know right.

I'm heading out in like 30 minutes and I want to start my download so I can have it when I get back.

I wonder if it's like Midnight Saturday... like Friday --> Saturday, or Saturday --> Sunday

Vague English!!!

Edit:

Such LIES! But I found that on the GameTree Support Zone

10. macrumors newbie

Gah! So frustrating! "After midnight on Saturday" as in, 11:59pm Friday, 12:00am Saturday, like "if you ordered it on Saturday at all"? Or 11:59pm Saturday, 12:00am Sunday, so "if you ordered it on Sunday at all". Why can't they be clear? All they have to say is "If you ordered it on Saturday, it may take 72 hours". Then at least we would know!

Although if that GameTree Support Zone message is true, there's still hope. "Within an hour or two of the release date" means we will get it within the next hour and a half.

11. macrumors regular

im pretty sure midnight saturday is 12:00 am saturday. they better not make me wait 72 hours. the whole reason i paid for the dowload was so that i wouldn't have to wait for walmart to open. argh

12. macrumors newbie

Gah

Don't they know it's Sunday? I wanted to just wake up, start my download, and go back to sleep for a couple of hours. It's way too ***** early

13. thread starter macrumors member

I think it's the Saturday --> Sunday, as said in their Support Zone message. But... it's irritating, I agree.

I have to be off to do... ugh social things, hopefully the email will come when I get back.

Good luck to all!

14. macrumors newbie

You guys shoulda just got it off the spore website.

15. thread starter macrumors member

Like EA games? The PC only pre loads? The one that directs to Gametree Online if you wanted the Mac Version? :'(

16. macrumors newbie

You can't get Spore for Mac off the Spore website. They give you a link to the Gametree Online store from there. That's why I'm thinking it's got to be legit, but it is very frustrating to wake up and not have the email there! I feel like I've been waiting for years for this game!! (oh wait... I have...)

17. macrumors newbie

This is so annoying, no communication from them and no email link for the game. I've checked their site to see if I could cancel the order, and drive to bestbuy, but of course there's no option for that.

This is the last time I'll be using this company.

18. macrumors newbie

Woo!

Just got my download link! Woohoo! All is forgiven. (Provided everything works alright. 1 hour 27 minutes to go. I'm going to go take a nap. Heh.)

19. macrumors regular

you did? oh man there's hope. when did you order it?

20. macrumors newbie

Nevermind - my link just came!! Woot!!! Now I just have to wait an hour for it to download! Ha!! Maybe it would've been quicker to go to the store to buy it this morning after all. :) Oh well... Too late now. At least it seems to be working. :) Yahoo!!!

P.S. I ordered mine on the 5th, for anyone who is wondering.

21. macrumors regular

22. macrumors newbie

I ordered mine yesterday around 7am, Dron, so if they're going in order you should get yours soon. (37 minutes remaining on my download.)

23. macrumors regular

I hope you're right. I just checked again and turns out i ordered it later than i thought. 12:50 am this morning.

Although I never imagined that the date and time i order a pre-order for something to download would affect when i get it.

24. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Wow- Those of you running into any download speed issues with Safari might want to try with Firefox. My download went from 18 hours to 6.

3x download speed increase... is that normal?

25. thread starter macrumors member

I just got my link as well. Placed my order at around 9 PM last night.

It's going anywhere at around 300-400 mps to like... 20-30

I think that's more my internet. Running Firefox though.