sports games on wii?

Discussion in 'Games' started by tderemigis, Jan 10, 2007.

1. tderemigis macrumors member

I usually play only sports games on my ps2 and xbox, so of course my first purchase for my new wii was madden, and im veerrrrryy pleased. I understand that Wii Sports was to demonstrate what can be done on Wii, and Madden puts it to another level, but thats the only game.

I can't seem to find anything online saying when otehr gaems will be out. I have no doubt that other sports games will be fun, but i jsut don't know what they will be and when. It kinda feels like im stuck with just Madden for a long time.

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The system came out 2 months ago, so no worries. I'm an optimist. ;)

EA really likes the Wii-mote and you're not alone on your feedback of Madden. It's considered the best version, because of the controlls, so I have no doubt that sports in general will explode on the Wii.

<]=)

3. jdechko macrumors 68040

Well unfortunately, we live in a day in age where large companies don't like innovation and competition. Therefore, there will be no competing pro (american) football games thanks to EA. And I remember hearing that MS had secured the exclusive deal with EA for european football (soccer) games this year. But you're right. I can't wait to try out more than just football.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/fifasoccer07/news.html?sid=6156646

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I found an article about the FIFA news;
    http://gamesnews.virgin.net/Virgin/...sDetail/0,13470,1442541_playbetandwin,00.html

The only thing that says to me, is that they only bothered with systems that were already available. So I have no doubt that there will be a Wii FIFA 2008.

Anyway, here's the good;
    http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10067

<]=)

5. jdechko macrumors 68040

Oh, I don't doubt that next year's sports titles will be on the Wii (and PS3), but theres no good reason whatsoever why they didn't bother to port the games to the systems. EA knew that the systems would be insanely popular. So I'm just wondering why make the systems wait. And I don't really buy the fact that the '08 versions would be just around the corner after a November launch (for PS3 and Wii). I mean, Madden 2006 was on the 360. But Wii and PS3 owners have to sit by and watch as the 360 and the last-gen machines get exclusivity of this years' sports titles for all intents and purposes.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wii will not be cut off as the GC was....Madden 07 on the wii...its loviful(My word..its copywritten) This system was made for sports/party and FPS.

wii sports dude...that can hold you for a minute.

Bless

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm curious to see where Wii Sports 2 will go. It makes sense to do after all, it's basically the entrance drug for the Wii right now, I thought I'd be all for Zelda but I'm playing WS more than anything right now.

But yea. I'd love a real tennis game, be the first one I'd buy! Even a table tennis game. Snooker? But yea, the systems been out for 1-2 months. Still very early for the bigger sports games.

8. pcypert macrumors 6502

I'd like to see a hockey game where you hold one button and gently move the controller for pass and another and slap it for a shot...that'd be fun.

Any word on Winning 11 or another footy game? There is more than just EA in the world of sports gaming? Seems the "backyard sports" series might be more appropriate on the Wii...

Paul

9. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

If us Wii users are desperate for FIFA, we can always just play the GC version, the PS3 peeps can play the PS2 version if it's supported.

At least "Wii" got a fun version Madden 2007. :)

<]=)

10. dorthyinoz macrumors member

im looking into getting a Wii
    What other games allow you to play like in Wii sports....aka not just sitting down but participating (sorry if this doesn't make sense haha)

11. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I am really, really looking forward to a serious baseball game on the Wii (stupid exclusives might make this impossible... but Nintendo CAN make a first part Wii baseball game!).

Could you imagine having to actually catch the ball and throw it? You run in the outfield with the nunchaku and use the wiimote to actually "catch" the ball- that would be sooo amazingly fun. And throwing the ball- you actually throw with the wiimote and accuracy and power determines if it will be a agood throw.

So many possibilities, let's just hope someone does something with it.

12. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Someone should write a Foosball game using the wiimote and nunchuck...That would be a killer game.

13. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

O my.... foosball rocks! That would work quite well, actually.

They should keep pumping out Wii Sports game bundles- I'd like to see a SkiBall game as well.

:)

14. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Are you kidding? :D

Madden 2007 for the Wii. :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi03Fm9u8J4

<]=)

15. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Screw Sports games for the Wii, what I'd love to see is a Fullmetal Alchemist game, where you push some buttons, push the nunchuk and the wiimote together and point down like your casting your alchemy. Now THAT would be sweet.

Wii Sports is lots of fun though. :D

16. jdechko macrumors 68040

Hmmm... Twisting the nunchuck or remote would twist the hand accordingly, but changing hand positions might be a little tricky. Maybe Analog stick for the left hand and d-pad for the right? 4 player, though, that would work better if only for the fact that you wouldn't have to switch rails.

17. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I don't think so, if they can make a boxer dodge, they can make hands move from handle to handle. A simple move of each to the right or left, would show a transparent hand move from handle to handle.

Maybe I should just learn to develop on the Wii :)

18. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

imagine playing goalie in NHL 07, your cathcing hand using the nun chuck and using the wiimote for the stick... would be unreal