Sports Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by macdaddy121, Jun 27, 2006.

1. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I am getting the DS Lite this week but have not been able to play any type of sports game. Has anyone had a chance to play a sports game? If you have, let me know how the game play is. Are the graphics good? Thanks.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

You don't play the DS for it's graphics ;)

I have Tony Hawks which I suppose counts as an arcade/sports game but it ends there. haven't really seen many sports games on the DS :confused:

3. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i thought i had seen tiger woods golf, fifa soccer, and madden football for it. I thought the graphics were supposed to be pretty good. I saw the wink but the graphics do hold up all right against the psp right?

4. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I have fifa, loads of teams and veriaty, semi-decent game paly and graphics are a bit dissapointing and i CANT BELIEVE there is no wifi mode. Rent it first to try it out.

5. mark! macrumors 65816

mark!

6. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

No, the PSP Graphics are much better than those of the DS...but like raggedjimmi stated, you don't play your DS for the graphics.

7. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Where do you rent a DS game from?

8. buffalo macrumors 65816

if you're in the US, maybe at a Blockbuster or Hollywood video store. I think Best Buy does a game rental thing...

But I have a few questions about Fifa '06,

The no Wi-Fi (on DS Lite) means you can't play people over the internet, correct? Are there any plans to add this feature?

Does Fifa '06 on the PSP support internet multiplayer?

Comming from Fifa '02 on my Gamecube, what would/should I expect from Fifa on the DS Lite?

9. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

They rent video games, but not DS games. I've never seen a handheld game for rent, though I just called to make sure.

10. buffalo macrumors 65816

Any idea when Fifa '07 will be out? I forget when EA usually releases their titles. Has anyone heard if Fifa '07 on the DS will support wi-fi multiplayer?

11. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Gamefly.com -- the NetFlix of video game rental. Try it out.

The graphics aren't as good on DS, but at least the games don't take forever to load. The only sports game I like on PSP is NBA Live. FIFA World Cup is okay too. Madden is so much better on DS than PSP it isn't funny ... it uses the dual screen pretty effectively. Madden is quite possibly the worst game ever released on the PSP, slow as hell. Maybe they'll get it right for '07, they seem to have learned something between the release of Madden and NBA Live last year.

12. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

Here are the sports titles I have seen worth looking at...The only one I own is Mario Kart (if you consider it a sports title, I would consider racing sports even though it has cartoon characters)...

Mario Kart DS
    Tony Hawk's American Sk8land
    Madden 06
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour
    FIFA 06
    Need for Speed Underground 2
    Asphalt: Urban GT
    Mario Hoops 3 on 3 (announced)
    Winning Eleven Pro Evolution Soccer 07 (announced)
    Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam (announced)

13. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I'm waiting for Tennis DS to be released. There's no tennis game in the DS that is as near as Virtua Tennis for the PSP. Maybe u can try the Fifa World Cup game for the DS...Mario hoops is another game you shold look out for soon...